How to clean your water stained hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

groundfisher

Here is a great trick to clean your fiberglass hulls with those nasty water stains

1618016039452.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I've known this for a long time.

CAUTION:...You must use that product in an area that won't run off into the water system....NEVER at a boat ramp or while on a hoist at your house.
Use it in your driveway but *really* water down your grass/shrubs first.

There are safer products on the market. I'll post what I use later today.

SDB, yes you are correct. Unless you leave your ski or boat in the water there is very little need to use this harsh of a chemical. I just use whatever I wash the car with, or whatever is on sale at Walmart. If I have a stubborn spot a squirt or two of SuperClean or PurplePower will do the trick.

Lou

SeaDoo buddy. Thank you for reminding everyone about not doing it at a boat ramp or wherever it may cause harm. This is only intended to be used on land and It actually only takes a spray and a rinse. They shouldn't squirt it on the hull and let it run off. I actually sprayed it on and wiped it off. Then a final rinse. Must use heavy duty chemical gloves though.thanks again for replying

I'm many hours into polishing out a hull someone used that stuff on. It's going to take a lot of work to get it right. I highly recommend Lou's suggestion! Save the harsh chemicals for worst case situations where elbow grease and milder cleaners just won't work!
210.jpg

Left side of the pic is discolored and 'dead looking' and you can see the waves where the product sat- it's been waxed so it's shiny, but looks horrible. Right side of the photo is after considerable polishing, still not 100% though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have what I consider an "extreme" case of stains in the foot wells of a 96 GTI that was left outside uncovered for several years. The link in the original post no longer works. Can someone please share what this chemical is / was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back