How level should the boat be?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidude

I have a 2000 Sportster I picked up a couple years ago, and it has never sat level in the water. Whether it's at speed or just floating, the driver's side is significantly lower. At first I thought it was just because the controls are on that side, but it takes quite a bit of weight on the other side to even it out so I'm wondering if that's normal or if I should try to fix it. The boat turns well to the left, but not very well to the right because of this. When turning left it acts like I would expect a giant jet ski to act, but turning right it tips a lot and feels like it could flip sometimes. It is very unnerving.

If I should fix it, what would be your suggestion? Try to find something heavy that the previous owner lost/left in a crevice somewhere? Add weight to the other side to balance it?

It's kind of normal... but it wouldn't hurt to look in the bilge and up inside for something out of the ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back