how do you remove the info and speedo gauges???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon32689

i am taking my hood off of my 98 seadoo gsx to get painted i got it all off except for the info and the speedo guage how do you get them off i dont see no screws or anything does anyone know thanks

there are no screws, only a pressure fit with the rubber trim ring, just carefully wiggle and pull them out, or push them from behind if you can get to them.

painting the hood will require special prep and paint, make sure you have someone who knows how to paint plastic.

there are no screws, only a pressure fit with the rubber trim ring, just carefully wiggle and pull them out, or push them from behind if you can get to them.

painting the hood will require special prep and paint, make sure you have someone who knows how to paint plastic.

okay so i am going to take the rubber off that is at the front of the gauges like what you can see when your sitting on it? will it be easy to put back on? alos i am taking the plastic off that is surounding the handle bars, i got the top piece off but now how do i take the bottom piece off it has the choke cord hooked to it and the des key? ya i am just taking it all off to send to get painted its all purple im wanting it all black

okay i got the des key off figured that one out but im still stuck on the choke cable and the guages dont seem like there wanting to come out

no, you will the gauge out and leave the rubber ring behind. once the gauge is out, the ring will come right out. very easy to put back on, just push in place but look closely for the alignment tab.

dess post has a screw on odd shaped nut, usually unscrews off with your fingers and some wiggling. the choke cable has to get disconnected at the carbs and pulled all the way out, not as hard as it sounds.

I suggest buying used black parts instead of painting, will probably cost less and look better and last longer. I'm sure I have a black handlebar cover and I sold a black gsxl hood last fall, check ebay or other sources.

no, you will the gauge out and leave the rubber ring behind. once the gauge is out, the ring will come right out. very easy to put back on, just push in place but look closely for the alignment tab.

dess post has a screw on odd shaped nut, usually unscrews off with your fingers and some wiggling. the choke cable has to get disconnected at the carbs and pulled all the way out, not as hard as it sounds.

I suggest buying used black parts instead of painting, will probably cost less and look better and last longer. I'm sure I have a black handlebar cover and I sold a black gsxl hood last fall, check ebay or other sources.

okay thanks man ya i have been tearing ebay apart looking for the last month or so so i just decided to get them painted and a hood goes for like 250 my buddy has a paint shop and paints cars he said he will paint those parts for me fot 150 and then im just going to order seat and rear grab bar i dunno what to do about purple trim that goes around some people told me they cover it in hydroturf and it looks awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back