How do you keep your seats from flying out on the highway?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

So I have a 98 speedsters and currently the seats are Velcro in. I am worried if I don't take them out when I trailer the boat without the cover on I will loose them like some many people have already. What is the best way to keep them attached? Do people glue them down? I know they don't have a backer on the bottom of the seat so I don't see how you could rivet them on. Just looking for any ideas as I am tired of taking them out all the time plus my Velcro is getting old and doesn't hold well

Thanks

This is one of my concerns on my seadoo 98 as well. Fortunately the lake is only 15 mins from me and I don't go over 60km/hr.

Few weeks back I did buy some more glue on velcro strips with grand plans of replacing the originals but I am yet to attend to it

I take them off and put them in the hold under the floor. I never drive with the cover on. The wind beats the hell out of it....behind my truck anyway.

My boat actually has a snap teather on the remove cushions but I still remove them and put them under the dash when trailing.

My 210 SE has a magnet on the rear seat filler cushion and also the bow front seat cushion. There is a mating chromed metal plate screwed to the boat. I took pictures but right now they are not wanting to load.

My 210 SE has a magnet on the rear seat filler cushion and also the bow front seat cushion. There is a mating chromed metal plate screwed to the boat. I took pictures but right now they are not wanting to load.

So running with the magnet idea this is what I did. I attached 3 25 lb magnets to the back of the seat. Then I attached pieces of framing plates to the bottom. The magnet stick to that without any issues. Picture shows 4, but I swapped it to 3 as it seamed to seat better due to curvature.

I have since then driven at 60, 70 & 80 miles an hour on the highway for a little over an hour each time, four 4 different times now since doing this modification. I have yet to lose a seat!

Thanks DougsNewToy2019

Attachments

• 20190530_184830.jpg
    20190530_184830.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20190530_184833.jpg
    20190530_184833.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Those magnets will do the trick, but stay far away from salt water!

I tried some velcro sticky tape. Doesn't stay put on the polyethylene
for long; aluminum rivets might help.

For now, the OEM seats & booster cushions (three or four layers of sleeping
bag mat, duct taped together) go in the engine lid compartment, for trailering.

Those magnets will do the trick, but stay far away from salt water!

I tried some velcro sticky tape. Doesn't stay put on the polyethylene
for long; aluminum rivets might help.

For now, the OEM seats & booster cushions (three or four layers of sleeping
bag mat, duct taped together) go in the engine lid compartment, for trailering.

This boat will never see sea water while I own it, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back