How do I find out if my 2007 Sea-Doo Challenger 180 is the SE Model ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, there are 4 things that make a 180 a SE model, depth finder, Bimini top, snap in carpet, and radio remote on the driver's side.

Then mine is a 180 SE. I have all 4. Thank you.
Another topic that I am pondering is: Do I really need to fog my engine for the winter ?
I live in California, and boat is garage kept. ( I will antifreeze flush the exhaust to prevent rust, and Stable the fuel )

I fog mine through the fogging port. Mine sits from October to May so I figure why not try to keep corrosion at bay.

What do you have ? and I am a learning newbie ... Where is the fogging port? all videos I see show people starting the engine and drowning the carb with Spray and pulling Spark plugs and spraying fog into the cylinders .... Any help to simplify this process would be GREAT.

I have a 2011 150 Speedster 255HP

There is a yellow plug that is attached to the top plastic cowling, which is the tube to the throttle body for fogging.

I hold the throttle at the throttle body wide open and turn over with fogging oil attached to the tube. It is in drown mode this way so no start. I do that for 20 seconds and that's it. I is pretty much the last thing I do.

I also then pull the intake at the TB and attach the hose to my shop vacuum. I run that for a minute to pull any condensation out of the intercooler.

Before all of this I use a pump to flush with antifreeze.

Absolute last step is I blow out with presussureized air, put stabilizer and send it to be shrink wrapped.

Again, here we get -20s Celcius in the winter.

Some will say I am wasting time running antifreeze, to just blow it out but the year I bought the boat it had a leaking Intercooler.

I can easily see how just a little water left in one of the tubes will cost you the IC..

Great info ! Thanks.
I am planning a river trip and plan on anchoring and fishing off the swim deck. I am concerned about the warning of DO NOT TOW THIS BOAT WITH ENGINE OFF ! Water could enter engine thru exhaust. If I anchor up and river is running under me ... that is just like towing. I guess I need to buy a Clamp for the Lake Water Exhaust Cooling Hose ? Any advise or experience with this happening.

I have a 2007 180 and I have the bimini top, the radio remote on drivers side, snap in carpet but no depth finder only water temp. Someone did add an aftermarket small hummingbird in the dash but I have yet to be able to make it work.

I have all four: Bimini Top, Radio Remote on Drivers Side, Snap in Carpet, and Depth Finder working in dash. ( Water Temp also )
Any advise about Fogging the Engine or Anchoring in the river with the Engine Off ( Worried that is like being towed and could Flood the Engine thru Exhaust )

I can tell you that when I towed my boat when the SC failed, I didn't have anything to clamp the hose so I pulled off one end. The tow took 30 min and no water came out.

Interesting ... That is a good idea, to disconnect the hose ... it appears to be easy to access the hose.

I have a 2011 150 Speedster 255HP

There is a yellow plug that is attached to the top plastic cowling, which is the tube to the throttle body for fogging.

I hold the throttle at the throttle body wide open and turn over with fogging oil attached to the tube. It is in drown mode this way so no start. I do that for 20 seconds and that's it. I is pretty much the last thing I do.

I also then pull the intake at the TB and attach the hose to my shop vacuum. I run that for a minute to pull any condensation out of the intercooler.

Before all of this I use a pump to flush with antifreeze.

Absolute last step is I blow out with presussureized air, put stabilizer and send it to be shrink wrapped.

Again, here we get -20s Celcius in the winter.

Some will say I am wasting time running antifreeze, to just blow it out but the year I bought the boat it had a leaking Intercooler.

I can easily see how just a little water left in one of the tubes will cost you the IC..
Are you sure that port is appropriate for fogging? I've seen others call it a fogging port, but the manual only talks about using that to lube the throttle body with XPS Lube (with engine NOT running). I just finished doing that and I found the port's opening to be very small, and even the the little pipe that comes with the lube doesn't fit. I don't see how you could get sufficient engine fogging oil to the cylinders through that tiny hole. Oh, just read your post again ... you spray while cranking creating suction. Ok.
I fogged mine by removing the plugs ... it only takes a few minutes and at least that way I know 100% that I got enough oil into the cylinders and it is an opportunity to inspect the spark plugs. I'd consider doing it through the throttle body port if someone has any documentation from BRP stating that it is ok to fog through that port.

The port can easily be used for the fogging the engine while running. Just put a small flexible hose on the spray tip of your fogging oil and the other end on the port. Works very well and have done hundreds this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back