How do I figure out what model sea Doo ski I have?it's been repainted originally seems to have been red and white and has a twin carb 717 rotax

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgrizz93

I have a 1999 sea Doo I'm having trouble identifying the model. Maybe a gp or gsx I don't know. Anyway having some issues with it and need to order parts and make sure they are for the right model . Any help appreciated . Has a twin carb rotax 717ccIMG_20200509_184200_9.jpg

The last two digits of the VIN will be the year.
That is a GS, GSI, or GSX hull but it didn't come with a twin carb 720. THey used either the 787 or a single carb 720.

Hey it is a single carb my mistake . It's a 99 gs . Issue I'm having is when I hook the key up nothing. No chirps gauge movement ect. I can get it to spin over bypassing the solenoid but it won't spark

Hey it is a single carb my mistake . It's a 99 gs . Issue I'm having is when I hook the key up nothing. No chirps gauge movement ect. I can get it to spin over bypassing the solenoid but it won't spark

No chirps usually means the buzzer is shot....not a huge deal to replace.

So, no guage response when you press the start button with NO KEY attached? That should wake the ski up at a minimum. If you get nothing...time to start chasing the electrics.....YOU MUST START with a good battery and clean, bright and tight battery connections. Clean all harness connections too....tiny corrosion anywhere will cause all sorts of electric issues. Look, take connections apart, clean and reconnect, etc.....

Hey I've checked all the connections seem to be clean and fine still packed with do electric grease. I'm going to go through starter connections and a few others tonight. It will spin if I bypass the solenoid but slow with plugs in and no spark . Battery is putting out 12.5. sold it to a friend and has been sitting for a few years just bought it back

Hey I've checked all the connections seem to be clean and fine still packed with do electric grease. I'm going to go through starter connections and a few others tonight. It will spin if I bypass the solenoid but slow with plugs in and no spark . Battery is putting out 12.5. sold it to a friend and has been sitting for a few years just bought it back
If it spins but sluggish...take the plugs out and see if that spins it better (take the cylinder compression load off the starter).....you should also check the compression with a good guage too.....you can borrow one from AutoZone...Harbor Freight guages are NO GOOD.

If it's been sitting for any length of time.....might want to rebuild the carb too. Get some clean fuel in there as well.

Planned on re doing carb has fresh fuel I can handl all of that really quick but I can't figure out why the mpem won't wake up . Not getting any Gage movement or beeps

Planned on re doing carb has fresh fuel I can handl all of that really quick but I can't figure out why the mpem won't wake up . Not getting any Gage movement or beeps
Could be as simple as bad contacts.....unplug and plug back in all connections to the MPEM.....make sure there is no corrosion in there anywhere....even a little bit will create havoc .... don't assume anything, check everything....checking everything doesn't COST anything but a little time. Don't assume parts are bad until you verify that electrons are flowing down the wires.....TEST every point to point along the wiring harnesses.....process of elimination.

Checked start stop switch it's fine . Re cleaned and did all to coil and relay . Did notice corrosion coming out of two black wire like down into the wire one that comes of coil... Maybe need to replace and one looks as if it has been re routed. Any idea if the GS had a second black ground wire running to the battery if so that mighbbe the culprit ...

Also I'm waiting on a starter to come In. The hot wire post on mine is very loose... Does that have anything to do with the mpem circut ??seems off but never know

got a rebuilt one local and really cheap of same ski . also turns out a friend of mine local had diagnostic and programmers for the ski and my mpem took a dump. anyone know of someone who rebuilds them ? and what i should look to spend ?1-200? more ect tia

Give West Side Powersports a call

https://www.westsidepowersports.com/
Price will depend on your time line. I believe they will let you send yours in to fix it or you can just purchase one from them if your in a hurry.

Never personally ordered one from west side but I'd expect to spend 150-200

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back