How can I tell if a 2004 seadoo gtx is still winterized and how do I de winterize it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanward65

I am new to seadoos and everything pwc related. I just bought a used 2004 seadoo gtx with the supercharger upgraded to 215 hp and I need to know how can I tell if it is winterized and if it is how can I de winterize?

Thanks
Ivan

P.S. the guy said it was winterized but he already changed oil and put in a new battery and when he started it for me it did not have the smoke or foam come out that I have heard of and seen in videos and how to articles.

Another trusting soul.....heh...no offense.

If it was me......I'd change the oil/filter and plugs for starters....with motor off...remove air intake from sc and try to spin the blades with your finger tip. Hopefully you can only get a 1/16th of an inch of movement out of it...re-install intake hose.

Take it for a ride....and hopefully......see that you didn't.

I am new to seadoos and everything pwc related. I just bought a used 2004 seadoo gtx with the supercharger upgraded to 215 hp and I need to know how can I tell if it is winterized and if it is how can I de winterize?

Thanks
Ivan

P.S. the guy said it was winterized but he already changed oil and put in a new battery and when he started it for me it did not have the smoke or foam come out that I have heard of and seen in videos and how to articles.

waittt.... this sounds wayyyy too familiar... when you said the supercharger was upgraded to 215hp... how was it upgraded?

did the ad for the ski read something like this.... " sea doo gtx supercharged,has 126 hours in cluster but really has 59 hours the previous cluster started acting funny so we replaced it with that one same year just has 126 hours,all the mantainace has been done runs like new,it has a few aftermarket upgrades made by the RIVA,like riva propeller,intercooler,has a rxt superchager the ski has averything a rxp or rxt has etc im including the trailer and everything, all you need is put gas and you are good to go for the summer?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks
Ivan

The part about the "upgraded 215 supercharger" worries me.

Where did u see the post at but everything is all good now I actually just rode it tonight it was almost flawless I hit 72 on the speedo. But yes it has riva upgrades but I did not get it of a posting like that on the Internet it was local and the ski has 114 hrs and the supercharger has about 17 hrs and it still had its warranty

How can I tell if a 2004 seadoo gtx is still winterized and how do I de winte...

Where did u see the post at but everything is all good now I actually just rode it tonight it was almost flawless I hit 72 on the speedo. But yes it has riva upgrades but I did not get it of a posting like that on the Internet it was local and the ski has 114 hrs and the supercharger has about 17 hrs and it still had its warranty

There was a big thread about that on another site... Basically someone was interested in the ski and the guy who was selling it really didn't know much about what was in the ski and it created ALOT of confusion... He actually advertised it as an 06 else where

FYI if you rode the ski... It's not winterized...

If its a 185 with a bigger charger... alot of things have to be done to get it to function correctly..

Congrats on your purchase man I hope it works for ya... Post some pics when you get a chance

Thanks for the help I really appreciate the help what kind of things did u mean that it needs to get it running right

Thanks for the help I really appreciate the help what kind of things did u mean that it needs to get it running right

The 215 has a different flywheel, different pistons it needs bigger injectors.. Different timing..and I believe it would need the 215 ecu All those things would have had to he changed to be able to take the 215 sc running right..

For us it was a little fishy because there's no such thing as a riva propeller.. It's an impeller and riva doesn't make impellers and it was kinda vague on the explanation of what's actually inside the ski.. Well try to work out exactly done to the ski for you and let you know exactly what you have .. When you get a chance take some pics of the ski and the motor

Don't know if I said it before but welcome to the forum as you can tell you have a bunch or knowledge at your finger tips if you need anything just ask.... Where in NY are you ?

How exactly do I post pictures and I live in the Hudson valley area and there is not a full riva kit only air filters and a few other cosmetic things but nothing really performance wise and the guy before me had the bigger supercharger professionally done buy a marine shop and it actually runs pretty cool not to hot I think the guy did a pretty neat and strong job on the mods do you Guys have any suggestions or tips on maintenance and keeping it in top running condition

How exactly do I post pictures and I live in the Hudson valley area and there is not a full riva kit only air filters and a few other cosmetic things but nothing really performance wise and the guy before me had the bigger supercharger professionally done buy a marine shop and it actually runs pretty cool not to hot I think the guy did a pretty neat and strong job on the mods do you Guys have any suggestions or tips on maintenance and keeping it in top running condition

to post a picture just upload the pic to photobucket and copy and paste the img code in the reply box.. that or if your using tapatalk just upload through them on your phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back