How can I make trailer fenders?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CdnSeadooer

In my area trailer fenders are required.

I'm interested to know if anyone has made their own fenders or what creative ideas you have come up with. I am legally allowed to run only mud flaps (as to not effect drivers behind me) however that still leaves the pwc and rear of my subaru open to flying rocks etc.

Cheers

I built set out of a barrel for a customer a few years back.

They make smaller barrels such as grease barrels if you want a smaller diameter.

For the mounting part, I cut slits 5 inches deep, folded the parts in, welded the overlapped area and drilled and bolted it to the trailer right through the folded flaps. I did the same thing for the outside lip as well. Folded, welded, painted and installed them.

Overton.com in USA has fenders for as low as $15. I bought a replacement a couple years ago.

Thanks all for the replies.. that barrel idea sounds rather crafty.

I went to princess auto's trailer section to get an idea of how to make my own. While there they had a stack of ABS trailer fenders on clearance for $5 each reg. $30... I grabbed two. Too easy.

Cheers

Thanks all for the replies.. that barrel idea sounds rather crafty.

I went to princess auto's trailer section to get an idea of how to make my own. While there they had a stack of ABS trailer fenders on clearance for $5 each reg. $30... I grabbed two. Too easy.

Cheers

For that price, I would have grabbed some spares...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back