How Best to Ship Ski Cross Country?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
I bought a lightweight 96XP hull in Chino, Ca and I've got to get it home to the Fl panhandle. I wondered if any of you guys know the best way to do this safely. I'm not in a hurry but do want it in motion. Please post any ideas. Thanks in advance

I heard that Greyhound bus will ship things cheaper but I have no details.
That's a pretty large item.
Contact a transit company.

uship.com is the only one I know that gets suggested every time this comes up on pwctoday.

i was told if its ratchet strapped to a dolly (ie somewhat easily movable, 1 guy can roll it up a ramp) then the charges can be more favorable. if its a empty, lightweight hull then I think a simple carpet dolly would do the trick, but an aquacart would be ideal, short and stable)

Last edited by a moderator:
Freightquote.com

We have had great success with then at work. We also use another company from LA to shop or machinery to us in 3 days for dirt cheap. I can't for the life of me remember the name right now. Ice I remember it, I'll post up. They're ridiculously cheap and reliable, we've used them for years now from LA to Philly.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Oh, we crate all our equipment, no shady dollie or cart. You can hit a local industrial park for a large skid then build some uprights and wrap it with 1/4" plywood or 6 mil clear plastic sheathing strapped to the skis and uprights. Like brp does it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. My tentative plan is to start with a shipping agent and then maybe start a Uship account if I can't get a good rate.

I'm not sure about the crating and all that. That work is on his end and this is something I talked him into selling me before the Thai's got it(X4 racing is still a big deal over there). I'll just wait till I have to ask him for some work. He was a "I'll take Paypal if you pay the fees" type of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back