Hours don't display on gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sselzer

My 96 Seadoo SPX doesn't display engine hours. I brought a used gauge on Ebay and it still doesn't display. When I hit the start button the display lights up where the hours should be, when goes blank. Has anyone dealt with this problem before? How do I fix, just brought new engine and would like to know how many hours I put on it. Thanks.

I could be wrong but I think your ski has the older style multi gauge and it doesn't have the hours function, the digital display on your ski only reads the fuel level.

If your gauge looks like this it doesn't have that function.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    789.2 KB · Views: 21
Yes that's the gauge. I know the oil is by passed and both the red lights for the oil and gas stay lit now. How do I fix so I can tell how much gas I have left?

The problem usually has to do with the magnet in the fuel sending unit / baffle. I would check the ohm readings on the sending unit wires to be sure, but that is probably your issue. Search the forum for fuel guage sending unit and you can find more info how to test it and fix.

And the guage on your ski only reads fuel level in vertical bars on the LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back