hooked up battery wrong today

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dman05GTI

Hi everyone I hooked up my battery backwards negative to positive and vice versa now I cant get anything to happen whenever I put the key on the ski oh yeah its a 2005 gti and if you cant tell I am new to this and don't know all the terminology. Please help!!!

Fuse....

You are the third one this week that has done this. It must be contagious.....(yeah, I've done it to....I think we all have).

You will need to open the electrical box in the engine compartment, where your mpem is. There are several (3 or 4) fuses in there. You've blown one to the charging system..............:cheers:

Thanks for te quick reply but where about is the mpem I am new at these give me a chevy motor and i could rebuild with my eyes closed

Last edited by a moderator:
look in the rear black electrical box where the red battery cable goes in, there's an inline, 30 amp I think, fuse there and it will be blown, replace and you're good to go.

Thanks for the help but are you talking about the fuses on the rear electric box cover because i replaced it along with all the other fuses i could find what else do you have in mind

Can somebody please help i have changed all the fuses that people have told me to change. Still the same thing no beeps with the key on and the battery is brand new and fully charged

I tried both of these and the motor turns over so i know its getting power but the lanyard doesn't give me anything

Advanced diagnostics?....

Have you tried the advanced diagnostics. I havne't looked in the manual to see if it's still applicable for the 2005 models but it is the 717, so it may still be.

Push the start/stop button 5 times, you should hear a long and one short beep. Then, put on the lanyard. Push the start/stop button. How many beeps did you get?.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back