Hi I am new to Sea Doo I just purchased a 2006 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

derekk

My Challenger 180 radio doesn't work and also the isc and blower don't seem to work either? I took the fuses all out and they are all good. So I took out the fuse block and did some testing on it.. I'm not a mechanic or electrician but I did some ohms testing on the pins that are for the fuses. There is not much feed back from the pins on the right hand round pins to the last 2 fuses that I believe are the radio and blower(noticed they are labeled wrong). Also I did some checks on the fuse spots with my test light and only the top hole of each fuse lights up.. is this normal? I also put my test light on the plugs that hook up to the fuse block and only one of the pin holes lights up out of all of them this doesn't seem normal but I have no idea.. Anyone that can help please let me know.. Thanks

Just be careful here. Some fuses will only receive power when the DESS in in place while others will be when the master power switch is on. For example, the radio fuse should light up when the master switch is on but the DESS is off the post while things like the Blower generally require the DESS to be on the post which prevents it running your battery down unintentionally.

Yeah I would run power to the fan and see if it works...then you know for sure you are on the right track.

Welcome to the best Seadoo site on the planet!!! If there is anything I can help with just let me know.

Hello... Welcome... Funny you posted this because I actually just bought a 2006 SeaDoo Challenger in immaculate condition! Only problem I have is that the radio doesn't work with but that's because the previous owner never used it (crazy to me?) so he never replaced it when it crapped out! So I went on sonic electronix and bought a new Kenwood Sirius XM Ready Bluetooth marine head unit for $90 and four JBL speakers with amp for $220! Will be making two holes for the front speakers and mounting the amp in the glove box!

Stock Radios crap out on these boats quite quickly so maybe that's the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back