Hi Everyone!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peezen

I just wanted to say hello as a new member in BC Canada!

We bought a 1998 GTX Limited, and a 1997 GSX Limited last summer, and I finally have both running.

The GTX was running while the GSX was in pieces. Both now start on the trailer after I rebuilt the carbs on both (787 and 947) and replaced all fuel lines and fluids. We’ll be taking them out next week for the first time.

My wife and I are brand new to seadoos, but this site has been such a help to me in getting them both running. I’m a car guy and take apart engines regularly, but this has all been new, so thanks again!!

I do have a quick question, I have to replace all of the gauges on both skis as they have broken needles, and the info gauges are destroyed. I have seen them on eBay, but wonder if this board has a preferred location for used parts like this.

Cheers!

For the info guage, if you can't see the digital screen it may be because the polarized film is bad. Happens a lot to these gauges. I just replaced mine. The process is a little cumbersome but it is cheaper than buying a new guage. The process for replacing the film is in the "how to section", there is also a YouTube video that might be a little better.. If you do this and got questions just post it here...a lot of us have done this repair.

Thanks for the reply, I think both gauges might be totally ruined, the one on the GTX is for sure.

I’ll post a few pictures.

Attachments

• 2FC9311D-2F9D-47BA-90A9-B188ADF4F1A7.jpeg
    2FC9311D-2F9D-47BA-90A9-B188ADF4F1A7.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 10
  • 9013CAB8-62B9-44B2-A87B-3BBA818ADA01.jpeg
    9013CAB8-62B9-44B2-A87B-3BBA818ADA01.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back