HI All Seadoo with rocks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeritedPandora5

Hi all. Just joined now....
I just bought a seadoo 2004 GTX super charged.. It has been rebuilt supercharger and all. When i initially took it out i experience what i recently learned to be cavitation. Its booked in for wear ring. It still did 105 kph on the water, The new problem today is that the boat ramp i launched at on low tide hadent been dredged , i picked up a few rocks and i turned it off and got it back on the trailer and removed what i thought where all rocks. My 5 year old son had to put his hand in and get it out the back as my had wouldnt fit . (key out and turned off of course) I put it back in water and it would only do 60kph , Engine revs seemed fine.. I felt surging/cavitation. Anyway i just looked in the back with a torch at home now and found another rock in the housing closer to the back. U know the one? about 7,8 slots .... SO i removed it,,.. WOuld this rock blocking the flow of water affect the performace that much. Im going to pop it in the water tommorrow and test it. Im worried its stuffed .... Advice and thoughts would be much appreciatedd. New to jetskis.
Regards Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul. This site rocks, but it's bad when you have rocks in the intake.....

Even if the rock was not grinding against the impeller, to could cause problems like you are mentioning. But don't take a torch to your PWC.... Oh wait, you mean flashlight. Good luck mate!

HAHA thanks for the Fast welcome :) Im hoping the rock i pulled out the back housing lodged in will be th eproblem. I imagine water needs to flow through evenly . Im no physics genious but i imagine it would effect the flow and power? Ill put it in the water tommmorrow and check..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back