Hey guys any help would be appreciated!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OFD25

Hey guys long story short! My 2007 RXP was throwing a low 12v and rough idling and didn’t want to stay running. The battery charging system is in working order, the battery is good, I even swapped out the voltage regulator to rule that out. And it still happens! It will run fine if I just floor it out of the gate once started but won’t keep a idle. I replaced all my fuses as well as the starting fuses. And still nothing. I finally gave up and took it in. Within 45 mind he said it was my ECU. So I took it home and went to remove my ECU to get the numbers off of it and saw this, anyone know why there is another sticker on top of the existing one!

Or any more ideas before my wallet feels the pain with a new ECU.

I bought the ski as is! And the guy says he thinks he has stage 2 riva in it!

Who ever had the ski before you had the ecu tuned then removed the performance parts but left the ecu in. The ecu is tuned differently for fuel then your ski is set up for. As you can see I put up a post on how to put maps into s Riva Athena ECU. I also got the ecu from someone else who was running 95 on their ski. I have a stage two kit in mine and if I get it started it is same as you rough idle and will cut off unless I give it gas because of the fuel maps in the ecu for the system he had. Dealer was correct your ecu is the problem but it does not mean it is a bad ecu only not tuned to your current OEM set up. You can have Stock tune put back in or you can sell ECU (it is worth money with the tune in it) and buy a stock ECU. I do know someone who may be interested in a trade on ECU’s if you are interested.

The thing is that, it ran for 2-3 days worth of lake days. And it started gradually, I did put ethanol free gas, would that cause it to run rough if it had that tune? Or parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back