help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawny23.sb

08 SEADOO rxt recent oil changed and new spark plugs done at the shop. Went out for my first ride yesterday and after a few min when I would open it UP and go about 50mph a loud beep and then check engine light started to flash and said check engine . anyone know what it could be?

First simple thing to check is the oil level. It should be right in the middle of the 2 bends on dip stick, not above . Make sure ski is nice and level when checking level.

For some reason these engines are sensitive to correct oil level, and if it is too high it can cause your symptoms. If oil level is too high some needs to be sucked out to get it to correct level.

If not oil level report back and we'll dig deeper....

Oil looks real good I just had the Jetski summerized due to being a new owner I decided to get new spark plugs and new oil done. its exactly in the middle of the 2 bends maybe an inch above.

Can you confirm that the supercharger is working? that may be causing your issue.. does the skis RPM hold back at all? With the ski on, their a hose that you can clam down on to check whether the charger is working properly.

There's so many tubes id have to take a pic and highlight it and I am currently at work. But if you turn the ski on and rev it, how high does it go?

also, when you take it out on the water does it always beep at exactly 50mph? does it shout anything on the dash?

Yea I'm new to this too so wouldn't know which tube/hose to look for. Would it be a bad idea to take it out again and see when the check engine comes on and starts to beep ? The dash just said check engine and little engine symbol kept flashing

What kind of beep was it (long/short? 1,2,3,4? constant?). but I don't think it will hurt to take it out again.

Its a loud beep I say 2 seconds and then stops and check engine just kept flashing all the way back to the dock same with the engine symbol flashing

According to the 2005 4-tech shop manual it sounds like a sensor issue/malfunction. The question that's hard to find the answer to is witch one!

after you heard the initial beep and the light comes on, do you hear another beep at a later time?

Yes I did it was later when I got back to the dock . and this time I actually wasn't going fast so the beep happened both when I would go about 50 and then when I was actually still not moving

So I didn't get the time to take it out again and see when the beep occurs . I plan on doing that tommorow will I be fine going out even though this has been occurring

It the manual it says that a 2sec beep every 5min is for low fuel level or a fuel tank level sensor malfunction..

That might be a good thing to check as it sounds pretty close to what you are describing.

When the fault occurred, did the ski go into "LIMP MODE" with reduced power/rpms? If so, you will need to try and retrieve any stored trouble codes while the issue is happening, in other words when the beeper is sounding and the check engine is flashing.

I am not intimately familiar with the boats and ski's with digital gauges, but you should be able to hit the SET button 5 times and it should start displaying any trouble codes. They will start with the letter "P". You can scroll through the codes (if more than one) by using the MODE button. When the list is over the dash should display "END" If this is incorrect procedure hopefully someone will chime in and correct me.

Post any codes that you can retrieve and we'll go from there. If no codes will display, you may need to plug it into the computer at the dealer or get yourself a CANDOO.

Okay thank you appreciate it . wasn't able to check if the rpm reduced because once it said check engine I just turned back around. It was the first ride out hopefully it nothing serious. Also the the engine sound really nice and quiet no ticking whatsoever first thing in the morning I can call seadoo see what they have to say. So do you guys think I should take the ski out again tommorow see when the check engine pops up . also see if the rpms are being heldback/reduced... Is it a bad idea taking it out knowing check engine light is on?

Also there is no set button anywhere that I could press on the Jetski however only start and stop button to start it up . any other suggestions

I would take it out again and see if you notice the behavior again and let us know what you find.

You are correct about not having gauge cluster buttons. Did some quick research and found out that on the newer seadoos there is apparently no way to pull the codes yourself without taking it to a dealer or having your own Candoo.

I read that sometimes as soon as the fault occurs the gauge cluster will display the trouble code. If you take it for a ride and you get another warning, take a quick look down at the info center to see if anything is displaying; it will be a "P****". These engines are very modern computer controlled beasts, much like modern car engines, without knowing why the computer is throwing a fault with the code there is not much you can do besides randomly replace parts.

Sounds like your ski was running fine before you dropped it off to be winterized by your shop. Could be something they did or forgot to hook back up? If they are a reputable shop they should work with you to try and solve this anomaly.

Unfortunately not much more I can offer. Hopefully someone with a little more intimate knowledge of your ski can chime in with better suggestions. If/when you do find out what is wrong post back and let us know.

[MENTION=56100]Devon[/MENTION]te that helps me out a lot . I appreciate it a lot man makes lots of sense because I called the recent owner let him know engine light came on during my first ride so I turned back he said that's strange because before the season was over no heck engine was flashing. It may be something that they forgot to hook back up..its a professional place I believe they've been in the business for 25 years. So hopefully Its something real small and I could bring the ski first thing in the a.m I plan on calling letting them know what occurred and I'll get back on here that is everyone appreciate it again . shawn-

ya, that could definitely be a possibility, they could have forgotten to pug up a sensor. Let us know what you find at the shop.

mike.

So just made an appointment . won't be bringing her to the shop until next Tuesday hopefully get her back soon ! They said they will plug it in the computer for me and get back to me .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back