help with my new seat cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon32689

i just ordered a new seat skin for my seadoo gsx, i started to take my old one off i pulled all the staples and started to pull off the old skin and it seems to be pretty stuck to the foam cushion underneith. so any ideas? could i just lay the new one right over the old one or something and any ideas on putting it on really good on the paper work it said use a blow dryer and stainless staples that came with it thanks

If it's sticking to the foam... someone may have used spray glue to hold in in place. Anyway... skin it like an animal. get a razor, and slice between the foam and the skin. I don't recommend putting the new cover over the old one. It may look "Fat" after you are done.

Also... you may want to use a hair drier on it to see if the glue will release.

Good luck

If it's sticking to the foam... someone may have used spray glue to hold in in place. Anyway... skin it like an animal. get a razor, and slice between the foam and the skin. I don't recommend putting the new cover over the old one. It may look "Fat" after you are done.

Also... you may want to use a hair drier on it to see if the glue will release.

Good luck

Thanks I will try, I think it I's origional seat it was stil in okay shape to just switching everything to black, the only staple holes in the seat were tge ones I pulled out, wel I guess I eill try some of that today, you think the blow dryer will help pretty good? Any advice on putting new cover on i want it to lol good n take my time. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back