Help! Video.. Is this too much smoke?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjones86

Hi all,

Bought a GTX Wake 2005 155 with 55 hours and had serviced from Seadoo dealer two weeks ago. Oil is fine so is coolant.

My question is how much should smoke/fumes should this jet ski produce and from the video -

https://youtu.be/TgM84Xsnl6g

does this look normal. This is after out running for around 30 minutes at a average pace. It's doesn't smoke as much on start up. When it was last seen been Seadoo dealer ship they gave her the all clear. I asked them on the phone if the smoke is normal and they thought it was but obviously haven't seen it. The other concern is I read there should not be smoke coming from the jet pipe... as you can see it appears to be here... however the exhaust points towards and behind the jet pump slightly inside the back compartment bit meaning I think the pump is simply pushing the gas away from that area rather than originating from inside the pump.

I read loads that these older model do produce fumes and some people have said steam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty worried about it and my first ski! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back