HELP! some advice please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiog

well i hope that this website would help me out because although im very interested in sea doo's i dont know to much about it. so i am interested in purchasing a 04 sea doo rxp. "has 110hrs on it, where 100hrs the supercharger was rebuilt. It did not fail but the shop manual recommends this be done. Also at added steel supercharger washers after 30hrs. The ceramic originals are known to fail" is what the seller would have to say in regards to this boat. know im hoping if this is possibly true and worth looking into and if the hours on the boat is to much? much appreciated thanks!

Hours?

I don't know if you can judge the worthiness of the Doo by how many hours it has on it. Could be the difference between some hot rodder out having a lot of fun for a couple summers........or some old man like me just riding it once or twice a season.
There is a thread in general discussion on what to look for when looking to purchase a used PWC. Check it out. The most important thing I can think of is to check the compression. If it's good, then you probably got a pretty good chance that the engine is in good running condition.
Be sure to check the Kelly's blue book online to get an idea of the value before you jump in to a deal or look on ebay and see what there going for!...

Yeah! like Louis says. dont jump into things you might regret later though.

The supercharged version is a bit of a beast for a first ski.
But if you've got the experience go for it.

thanks for the posts. appreciate the help. i actually havent been able to check the compression of the boat it is in good shape. although i will definatly go and do that also i checked the value of it and its what i actually offered the seller for the boat. i have been around these boats before and truely enjoy the thrill and i say go big or go home when u purchase something. lol. thanks once again for the info. cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back