Help, Ski is at a Marina and they don't know what they are doing.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jofjds

Hi, our 2012 Sea Doo GTX was bogging down under full throttle. We were on water so brought to marina. First they called and said supercharger, then they called and said water in oil, intercooler. Regardless of that error, they now have the ski in pieces, and told me today the intercooler finally came in but it did not come with instructions. Now that I have calmed down I need a solution. I tried calling BRP, they said they wouldn't give them the instructions for the install. Does anyone know where to get the instructions? All they have is a service bulletin that leads no where. They are most concerned because the new IC has an outlet the old one did not and a hose they do not know where it goes. I know never to go back to this place, but right now I am stuck, I can't take the ski back, and they don't know how to install the new IC. Any help would be amazing!

Service manuals for your ski are online for your ski if they don’t have one. Although they would need internet access.

If you become a premium member here they are available on this site or you can find downloadable ones on Ebay.

I believe you have the 215 which has the interior intercooler, intake manifold off, two hoses off , remove intercooler, replace intercooler, make sure hose receptacles are in same position, intake manifold, done. Not sure what the extra hose is about?

Last edited:
Yes that’s the question. The new inter cooler has a new design with an outlet the old one doesn’t have and a vent hose kit that not sure where to install to

I just called a dealer and there is no Service Bulletin for a new 215 intercooler and it still has only 2 outlets, the 260 intercooler has three outlets with a vent hose, but that is completely different than the 215. Your ski could have been modified with the 260 intercooler. Maybe post a picture of the new intercooler?

This marina clearly doesn't know what it's doing. Are there any other local dealers/marinas/mechanics that know how to work on Sea-Doo supercharged skis? Ask the to find someone who knows what they are doing to put your ski back together.

OK, after about a million phone calls. Solved. The new intercooler part came with the vent hose kit. My 2012 Sea Doo GTX Limited did not previously have a vent hose on the factory intercooler. The vent hose kit was the new addition. You had to drill a hole out the back left of the hull about two inches from that back silver hook on the rear. The ski is back together and on the water. It looks like a pisser now coming out the back left when the ski is running. I was told the intercooler was redesigned because of the known leaking problem. Hopefully, this new intercooler design lasts me more than the 100 hours the original did. BRP and Sea Doo were useless. SBT finally came through with how to perform the repair. I know now this marina is useless, and will not be going back but I am glad to have the ski back. Thank you for all your help. If this happens to anyone else.... Vent hose installed, drill thru hull in rear left of ski 2" to the right of the top tie down loop. Should be as high as you can safely drill to clear with its chuck about 1" below rub rail.

I just called a dealer and there is no Service Bulletin for a new 215 intercooler and it still has only 2 outlets, the 260 intercooler has three outlets with a vent hose, but that is completely different than the 215. Your ski could have been modified with the 260 intercooler. Maybe post a picture of the new intercooler?
Thank you sooo much for taking this extra step for me! So very nice of you. I posted the solution below.

That's great to know that SBT can fill in when the manufacturer drops the ball. Strange that BRP would re-design the intercooler with a retrofit kit - usually, they deny all knowledge of a potential flaw in their older boats!

Glad your ski is back on the water, could you post the part# for the new installed intercooler for future reference. Pretty sure the marina was installing the Team Savage (SBT) upgrade kit which comes with a vent hose that needs a hole drilled in the transom.

Last edited:
below is the pic I took of the vent hose kit and then the old intercooler on top of the new.

Attachments

• 38D6B3A8-567A-4E7E-A82D-0DE190916E35.jpeg
    38D6B3A8-567A-4E7E-A82D-0DE190916E35.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 42EE5619-D04D-4225-9E31-25C9D313B726.jpeg
    42EE5619-D04D-4225-9E31-25C9D313B726.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34
Thanks, you have the 2012 Seadoo GTX Limited 260 for future reference, the 260 refers to hp and the external intercooler.

Seadoo BRP did not allow you access to the Service Bulletin because the marina is probably not an Authorized Seadoo Dealer. Not good in a situation such as yours.

Last edited:
Terrible news. We finally got the ski back, and check engine light for P0127. High air temp? The check engine light goes off if you turn off ski and back on, but as soon as you give throttle it comes back on. The terrible marina that fixed this is closed until Monday. Any thoughts?

thank you, it's still not going well with this marina. they just keep making things up. now they are saying not only is the sensor bad, but we need a new thrush washer?

thank you, it's still not going well with this marina. they just keep making things up. now they are saying not only is the sensor bad, but we need a new thrush washer?

Sensor is attached to the intake manifold, between the sensor and intake manifold is a washer.

Thrust Washer

Temperature Sensor Exhaust emission

I would check the "Reducer Green" gasket located between jet pump and hull. That can cause high IATs if it's leaking, easiest way to check is attach the garden hose to the pwc and see if water is shooting out the sides of the pump.

You're paying them to guess. Get that ski out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back