Help! Reverse shift cable lock pin and locking bracket

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt_Randy

Premium Member
Premium Member
I was replacing reverse cable lost the lock pin a and locking bracket down in the hull. These are not shown on drawing. Anybody know a source? Thanks

I am guessing you mean from the shifter. The pin is just a brass pin that Ace hide might have. The lock clip might be a problem. Check the other clip with a magnet. You could try flushing with hose to an accessible point.

I am guessing you mean from the shifter. The pin is just a brass pin that Ace hide might have. The lock clip might be a problem. Check the other clip with a magnet. You could try flushing with hose to an accessible point.
Thanks Tim. I was thinking of using a clevis pin with cotter pin.

That should work ok. Just make sure the cotter pin can't hang on something. Keep those little wires out of the way of moving mechanism.
Pretty sure pieces will show in the bilge after some bouncing around.

I ended up using a M6-12mm bolt. I ground the head down about 3/4, then used a aircraft nut. it appears to be happy, no interference. Took two trips to hardware store buying various parts that I thought might work.
It's back together. Hopefully we'll see the parts in the bilge.

The problem with using a screw is that it accelerates wear in the hole. Makes an egg-shaped hole leading to sloppy feeling controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back