Help please!99 gtx not getting gas to carburetor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltllis

Can't figure out why it is not getting gas, replaced fuel filter, did not help, anyone know if it has a fuel pump and where it is located, or anything else to check, that I am missing. It had a new engine last year worked great then 1st time on the water this year it quit like it was out of fuel! Great with cars but inexperienced with marine equipment

Check the water separator, they suck air and you get no fuel.

There is a PULSE line that runs from the engine block up to the carb. The pulse line makes the fuel pump work which is at the carb.

Did you change the selector valve to the other side? If 1 port is clogged you won't get any fuel out of that.

I've seen a few get clogged over the winter, switched to res and it ran fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you REALLY want to find the issue, then use a remote can with fuel and oil in it. Hook it to the carbs, does it run? If yes, then move back one junction at a time. When it does not run, you found your issue...

Before you go check anything with a remote fuel can make sure your pulse line is pulsing. Take it off the carb and put your thumb over it. Turn the motor over. You should feel a slight push then suck on your thumb. If you've got that your pulse line is good. Take a piece of fuel tubing (1/4" I believe) hook to carb pulse like and GENTLY blow in. Should get very little air in and it stops. If so, no leaks in the pump.

From there work backwards, selector valve, both sides on and res, then filter then your fuel baffle.

You should see fuel coming into the carbs and returning back to the tank.

If you have all this working and still not starting, you probably have the needle and seat sticking in the carb not letting fuel in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the responses sounds like it is the pulse line, but won't be able to work on it til next week thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back