Help needed to make a 3d printed cap for the water pressure regulator valve.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie_gtx

Hello from Spain!

I need your help, I've lost the plastic cap of the water regulator valve, It is the second cap that I've lost.
Here in Spain used spares are a bit hard to find, and also expensive, so i thought that I can 3d print a cap.

I have all the metal parts, the clip, and the spring, so if you could send me a sketch with the diameter, height of the cap, length of the "screw" etc, I can make the .stl file so anybody could make this piece at home.

thank you and sorry for my bad english.

It will be hard to get the exact details needed for a 3d print and for the most part is highly unlikely you will be able to do so without a 3d scan.

But I'd say step one would be to locate the part number.

Hi! I have already almost everything. The partnumber is 420 911 550, from a 1997 gtx. I only nerd the height of the CAP.
Thank you!

This seems like a lot of work. Can't you just buy a cover from someone here in the USA and have them ship it to you in Spain? I have shipped a few things to Europe and it was easy.

View attachment 46831
I assume you mean this height? I have 39mm.

Thank you!
If you could make a picture right from top, It would be awesome.

This seems like a lot of work. Can't you just buy a cover from someone here in the USA and have them ship it to you in Spain? I have shipped a few things to Europe and it was easy.

It is not much work. Here in Spain we cant go out due to coronavirus restricciones. Everything except supermarkets is closed, so I'm working from home and Also having so much time to do this kind if things.

Also if something cost more thank 23€ incluiding shipping cost, i have to pay high taxes.

Thank you!

Sure! Let me know if you need anything else.
Calipers are set at 10mm.

Attachments

• 4900D548-5716-49FF-A451-A126A59A74F7.jpeg
    4900D548-5716-49FF-A451-A126A59A74F7.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Hi, Here is some progress. I've realiced that I haven't the spring and metal clip at home, so i cant assembly the valve now. These are some pictures of what i have done. I have modified the adjustment screw so i can operate it easily by hand.

This is the cap
cap1.png
This is the bolt.
tornillo.png

Here are the .stl files. It is still a proyect in course, so it might need modifications. I'm going to print this version tomorrow and post here pictures of the parts. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4237076

Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back