HELP!...Need Your Thoughts a 2004 SEA-DOO 160 SPEEDSTER!...BEFORE I BUY!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeckert

Hi I am looking to buy one of these 2004 SEA-DOO 160 SPEEDSTERS from a friend. It is a bit beat up right now, but wondering if you have any advice before I buy a non running boat.

*Anything that I should check?
*Common issues with this motor?
*Do you know what the compression is suppose to be on this M240?... Is this a good motor?
*Why was it used only for 4 years?

Any thoughts would be helpful. I am buying a boat in "as is" condition, never seeing it fire, wanted to bring by a battery and do a compression check.

Thanks in advance!

It's the newer 240 engine... so... it should be 125 to 135 psi compression. But if it's been sitting... I would pull all the sparkplugs... hit it with some fogging oil, and roll it over a few times by hand. Then... I would put fresh fuel in the tank with some oil to make sure the bearings get a little fresh oil on them quickly. Then... at that point... I would check the compression.

The engine itself is a good engine... but keep in mind it's a 16 year old engine, and if it was neglected... who knows what condition it's in.

As far as if you should get it or not... it all depends on how good you are with tools, and what the price is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back