HELP! Need to know what to do with flooded '05 Sea-Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbostrom15

I row for a crew in East Tennessee and while out one day we came across an upside down '05 Sea-Doo. It was upside down and only the very bottom of the hull was showing. We dragged it back to our boathouse and left it for a day due to the fact we could not get to it that day or the next few for that matter. Just today we flipped it over and "beached" it on the shore by our dock. We discovered there was quite a bit of cosmetic damage but no hull damage or anything of the sort. We quickly opened up all the compartments and got out all the water we could. It wouldn't start, not that we expected it to. We are now at the stage of figuring out what to do next. A couple of people and I are going out first thing in the morning to try to get it in as stable of a condition as we can. Every compartment was completely water-logged and I need advice on what to do next.

Did you pull the plugs?

If so, did it turn over ok once you pulled the plugs?

The MPEM is pretty sensitive and can easily fail once submerged.

We need to know if it cranks, does it have spark, getting fuel???

These kind of things.

Well. The engine is FULL of water. Engine can't turn over as the water is in the cylinders. Pull the plugs, do NOT lean over the plug holes, crank the engine.

Do NOT jump start the ski, you can charge the battery though.

At the very least you will need new plugs as well.

I know very little about Sea-Doos only that my friend on the team has one and I've helped him with it a little bit. What would pulling the plugs do?

Drain plugs removed will drain the motor block but NOTHING will drain the combustion chamber. By pulling the spark plugs and cranking the engine it will push the water out of the spark plug hole.

You will also need to replace all fuel and oil as it is trashed due to being a submarine.

When the ski sank, water would get into the combustion cheer through the exhaust. Once this happens the only way out is through the spark plug holes.

Ok so we have to blast it through the spark plug holes. Also we have no key so how are we supposed to get it to start without one

I row for a crew in East Tennessee and while out one day we came across an upside down '05 Sea-Doo. It was upside down and only the very bottom of the hull was showing. We dragged it back to our boathouse and left it for a day due to the fact we could not get to it that day or the next few for that matter. Just today we flipped it over and "beached" it on the shore by our dock. We discovered there was quite a bit of cosmetic damage but no hull damage or anything of the sort. We quickly opened up all the compartments and got out all the water we could. It wouldn't start, not that we expected it to. We are now at the stage of figuring out what to do next. A couple of people and I are going out first thing in the morning to try to get it in as stable of a condition as we can. Every compartment was completely water-logged and I need advice on what to do next.

Uhm....dunno 'bout anyone else but...I wouldn't do a thing to it if it wasn't mine.

At the very least you need to contact ODNR or whoever is in charge of your waterways and inform them of your find. I'm sure they wil want the HIN of the stern for identification reasons as well as the registration numbers.

Until then, I wouldn't go nuts and try to get the ski running.

I would get some spray oil into the cylinders to lubricate them so the motor doesn't seize up and then wait to here back from the authorities.

Went out and drained it this morning also checked the cylinders and there is not water in them. Removed the battery because while were looking around inside it just about electrocuted my friend.

How would one go about getting a new key?

Went out and drained it this morning also checked the cylinders and there is not water in them. Removed the battery because while were looking around inside it just about electrocuted my friend.

How would one go about getting a new key?

Do yourself a favor.

Research the salvage laws in your ao.

Because personally....I for one ain't gonna be tellin you sht. I have half a mind to contact a leo with your isp addy.

Do yourself a favor.

Research the salvage laws in your ao.

Because personally....I for one ain't gonna be tellin you sht. I have half a mind to contact a leo with your isp addy.

This! I didn't want to be the first to say it but around here you can get in a lot of trouble for doing what you are without contacting the proper authorities such as DNR or the marine division if your sheriff's department. I'd hate to see you get in trouble over this. It just isn't worth it

This! I didn't want to be the first to say it but around here you can get in a lot of trouble for doing what you are without contacting the proper authorities such as DNR or the marine division if your sheriff's department. I'd hate to see you get in trouble over this. It just isn't worth it
Sums it up. Do the right thing. If you contact them and have further updates, PM me and I'll reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back