Help me Please....Forgot to put plugs in when i dumped the waverunner in water.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelseaFC

I own a 2000 Sea Doo GTX-RFI and did one of the most ignorant things possible. I didnt screw the two plugs on the back and the whole engine area flooded. I took it out of the water, drained it, took the spark plugs out and replaced them but im not getting a spark....how do i know how bad i messed the waverunner up?? It sounds like it wants to start but just cant get there.

If you aren't getting any spark... then make sure the wire conections are clean and dry at the coil, CDI, and/or MPEM.

Everything should be waterproof... so just check it over.

One thing. If the engine is full of water... you need to crank it with the plugs out for a little while to clear the engine. Then... spray in fogging oil to coat the internal parts to keep it from rusting. But, you still need to get it started as soon as possible to keep the engine from rotting.

i tried to start it but i never got the two beeps and the dash says maintence
So I opened the sea doo up took the battery out found some corrosion next step for that it to see if the battery is any good before replacing it.
I found water in the electrical box obviously not good so im drying that up and will change the fuse in there.
Then i took out the spark plugs one which looks good the other however had a bit of water down the threads?? how bad is that? any suggestions on what to do next????

I don't have any good suggestions, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone, i've only taken my ski out 2 times, first time, I did that, i had water like 1.5inches below the top of the battery, i felt like a retard :(, had to put it back on the trailer, let it drain all the way, then i think it got back to it's nonrunning condition, so I don't even know if i had any adverse effects

this was actually my second time taking it out this summer as well :mad:
well i guess ill just have to keep on trying small things....but i appreciate the your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back