Help getting titled in PA?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsw222

The trailer that came with my ski had a Michigan title (the guy owned it since brand new)... But the DMV just sent my title application back to me saying I need to add the following information to my application:

Requested gross weight -
Gross combination weight (if applicable) -
Gross weight rating -
Unladen weight -

Does anyone know the specs for these? Or where I can find these specs?

My trailer is a 2004 Yacht Club (pic attached)... apparently Michigan titles don't list that information because the DMV sent back the original title and none of that stuff is on there

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1420.jpg

It just occurred to me that there might be a plate on the trailer somewhere with this information stamped on it... I will investigate this weekend (ski is at a friend's)

If the title still says "Yacht Club" on it... then just contact the manufacture, and they can tell you.

Trailers in PA are a pain in the a$$ when the paperwork is messed up. It took 6 months to get the title done on my boat trailer. (it came from ohio) Lucky for me... PA trailer laws are STUPID... so I just put a plate on it from one of my other trailers until the paperwork was fixed.

If Yacht club can't help you... then your next step is to go to a weigh station for an official weight, and an "enhanced" inspection station for a certification of the weights.

If you have more problems, let me know... I know of a shop that can push the paperwork.

Thanks Tony! I'll contact Yacht Club and see if they can help. Google is usually my friend, but it let me down this time.

PA does seem to be a huge pain when dealing with trailers. My other one came with a signed title so i couldn't get it transferred to me (and the guy had repainted the entire thing, covering up any name/ID info that it had on it) so I'm sure I'll have problems getting rid of that. Hopefully someone in Ohio really wants a GP1200R lol

It seemed like a huge hassle to have it registered as "homemade"

Definitley look for a metal plate/sticker on the trailer which has that info. I have yet to see a non-homemade trailer that didn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back