Help! Engine wont start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking66

Hey guys,

Im brand new to the forum, but hopefully you can help me out! I went to start my 2001 RX DI today and it will not start. I plug my key in, and you can hear the pump start and the console works but showing maintenence light, but when i go to start it, nothing happens. Last weekend I replaced my rectifier while charging my battery (which was brand new) cuz I had the same problems as I do now and read that it could be fixed with a new one rectifier. The fuse was also blown, but i replaced it when i replaced the rectifier, and my ski started right up. I let it run for about 5 minutes then shut it off until today, but when i went to test it, nothing happened. I checked my fuse, and again it was blown. Have any of you had this problem and or know how to fix it? any help appreciated!

Thanks

When you tried to start it today. Does the starter turn the motor over and it won't start? Or when you press the start button there's nothing, no click, the starter doesn't move?

Lou

When you tried to start it today. Does the starter turn the motor over and it won't start? Or when you press the start button there's nothing, no click, the starter doesn't move?

Lou

When I press the button there is nothing

I would be looking for a short somewhere. Try disconnecting the rectifier. Replace the fuse. Does it blow again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back