Help determine my model

Dan.walsh

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Seadoo PWC, however can't figure out the year or model, etc.

It's a 3 seater and the original diesel engine was replaced with a rotax petrol engine, which I was told is 500hp. It has no HIN anywhere on the hull and from what I can see, no EIN. I am a newb with PWC's, so perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place for the EIN.

I have attached a few photos that may give any clues as to what it could be. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
No ski was ever sold with a diesel or 500hp. That is just a Yamaha. Does it really have a Rotax engine in it? I'd like to see a pic under the seat. Cool trailer.

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
LOL they told you this thing is 500hp?! Goes damn near close to 200mph in the chop.

Dan.walsh

The guy who I bought it from was adamant it was a Seadoo with a 500hp rotax engine. I As I am a newb with jetski's and he was a police officer, I took him on face-value haha.
Thanks for the replies. I'll take some photos of the engine tonight if you like so you can see. I know this is a Seadoo forum, but do any of you have any idea what type of Yamaha it is?

Looks to me like a 99 Yamaha XL 760. Maybe I'm off a year?

Comes with a 760 cc Yamaha engine. Does mid to upper 40s maybe 50 mph if I remember correctly. Oh and it's 90 HP :)

mikidymac

Hard to say as the color doesn’t look stock but it is a base model Yamaha 1999-2003 XL three seater. Could have either the 760cc or 701cc engine that is underpowered for that ski. Maximum of 90 horsepower.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 5UPE Off-Topic 6
slowboatn Off-Topic 3
S Off-Topic 3