Help! 2017 Spark - Broken iBR/Reverse Gate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

NorSea

Hey guys!

Long time lurker and reader and first time posting!

I have a 2017 3-up Spark with only 17 hours on it. Fresh water. It's babied. Stored indoors, is cleaned profusely and flushed often and I was out for a ride with my daughter, came into the dock slowly, hit the brake/reverse and a big jolt forward and a noise from the rear end. The entire reverse gate is missing. It broke right off!

I've been reading all over for the past day and don't see this as a common problem.

Anyone else had this happen or know how it happened?

Never heard of that one. Did you look and see if it actually broke or if the bolts came undone? Would take a decent impact on it to actually break it off and you should have felt it if you hit something.

Never heard of that one. Did you look and see if it actually broke or if the bolts came undone? Would take a decent impact on it to actually break it off and you should have felt it if you hit something.

I'm hearing that it's not common. The guy at the local dealer said that too.

It broke, clean off. The part sunk to the bottom as we were pulling into the dock. I'll try to grab a picture of it before I drop it off at the service centre today.

Hey guys!

Long time lurker and reader and first time posting!

I have a 2017 3-up Spark with only 17 hours on it. Fresh water. It's babied. Stored indoors, is cleaned profusely and flushed often and I was out for a ride with my daughter, came into the dock slowly, hit the brake/reverse and a big jolt forward and a noise from the rear end. The entire reverse gate is missing. It broke right off!

I've been reading all over for the past day and don't see this as a common problem.

Anyone else had this happen or know how it happened?

I have also a 2017 Spark and was on the lake yesterday only to find that my reverse gate was gone! It broke off somewhere in transparation to the lake or in the lake. It was also a clean break on the left side and the right side of the box was gone!! I noticed I could not use the break or the reverse as soon as I drove it to the beach. No one stepped on it nor hit anything!! What did you find out about yours? Anyone else had this problem?!! We purchased it in July 2017 and it is only the fourth time on the lake. It is stored inside and cover and took very good care of it. What is going on with this reverse gate. I have read a lot of people using it, it will stop working!! Please help because it is still under warranty but I am worried they will say we stepped on it or hit something but it was a clean break!! You can see it!! I still have one piece of the metal on the sea doo.

I have also a 2017 Spark and was on the lake yesterday only to find that my reverse gate was gone! It broke off somewhere in transparation to the lake or in the lake. It was also a clean break on the left side and the right side of the box was gone!! I noticed I could not use the break or the reverse as soon as I drove it to the beach. No one stepped on it nor hit anything!! What did you find out about yours? Anyone else had this problem?!! We purchased it in July 2017 and it is only the fourth time on the lake. It is stored inside and cover and took very good care of it. What is going on with this reverse gate. I have read a lot of people using it, it will stop working!! Please help because it is still under warranty but I am worried they will say we stepped on it or hit something but it was a clean break!! You can see it!! I still have one piece of the metal on the sea doo.

Turns out there was a batch of these from Seadoo that didn't have any thread lock on the acuator piece which causes the gate to loosen, fall downward on an angle and the pressure of the water snaps it right off.

Mine was the first at our dealer followed by another 4-5 right after.

My daughter just came in on the seadoo with the gate hanging down on one side. We managed to get it bolted back into place but there doesn’t seem to be any neutral or reverse. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

If your ski is under warranty, take pictures immediately and open a case with your BRP dealer. My new GTI 90 developed some issues also: the paint on the compartment cover started cracking in five grouped spots as I believe someone in the manufacturing process put his/her fingers on the fresh paint resulting in fingerprint traces and where the paint is starting to crack.

The local boat guy here told me to immediately take pictures and send them to the dealer ahead of my visit as soon as I have time. Also, I phoned the BRP customer service line to report this problem so they now have a trace of my call. However, first step is really to go through the dealer.

I guess that if your ski is now out of warranty, I would proceed directly with the customer service at BRP.

Benji.

Back