Shop Discount Sea-Doo Parts

Help!!!! 2000 Sea Doo Islandia No Spark 240 Efi.

Water Crafts
2 1997 seadoo gsi jet skid

2000 seadoo islandia
Well pretty frustrated. Just redid my 2000. Ran it in driveway after winter storage ran great.

Put in in for first time never got away from launch. Started and stalled several times. Than didn't try to start at all just turns over.

Tried new plugs in case fouled out and no change. Pulled it out and brought it home.

No Spark for sure.

Checked Already. Ignition Shut of module for Ignition Buddy has already been removed at some point. Checked all fuses and they are good.

Any ideas where to check next? 20190705_151318.jpg

Water Crafts
2002 Sea doo X-20 Mercury 250 Optimax
Just go behind the kill switch itself and unplug it completely and see if you get spark then. I run my boat with it disconnected when I hit wakes sometimes my safety lanyard will fall off the post and kill the engine so I got rid of it

Water Crafts

2000 seadoo islandia
Got spark back. Someone prior to me had pulled ignition buddy and old cutting of wires had grounded out. BUT that was only half my problem. Seems initial no start was lack of fuel. Now that I got spark back it will only run when fuel manually sprayed into cylinders.

I have no pressure at the Schrader valve. So not sure where to go from here.

Water Crafts
2001 Challenger 2000
The schrader valve is on top of the VST. There is a pump inside. When you turn the key to run, you should be able to feel the motor running. On the side, bottom, there is a drain screw. Open that a couple of turns. Gas should drain out. If not, the internal float needle is probably stuck (corroded). Needs disassembly and clean.

Water Crafts

2000 seadoo islandia
Lift pump ticksand seems to be functioning properly. Pulled drain screw and some gas come out...not a ton. Recycled system to see if filled up again. It did not. Pushed on valve (did not have fuel pressure gauge on hand.) Zero pressure.

Water Crafts

2000 seadoo islandia
I will check again when I get home but I do not believe so. I feel the clicking in the sq black box that I believe is the lift pump but nothing from the unit it feeds.

Water Crafts
2001 Challenger 2000
Inside the VST is a float valve. Just like an old carb. The seat is brass. The needle is aluminum with a rubber tip. The alky-gas can cause electrolosys and seize the needle in the seat frequently in the closed position. Especially if the boat sits for a while.

Do you not feel anything from the VST?

SPONSORED LINKS

Latest posts

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member