Hello from SW Ontario

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacko

Hello everybody. Another newbie here. Have been wanting to see what fun I have been missing on the water with PWC.

Currently "hunting" for a used 95-97 Seadoo Challenger or Sportster. Want to stick to a single engine for
simplicity, ease of use and of course budget.

Any tips, advise on buying my first would be appreciated greatly. I thought buying in the offseason (Winter up here...if you call this year winter) would be better on my budget. But what I have been reading is that an on the water test is
invaluable.

I have seen a few boats that selling for less due to mechanical issues, such as seized motor and such.

Should I seriously look at these? I was thinking of getting the engine rebuilt anyway, but not sure.

I wonder if I should get the boat professional inspected by a SAMS surveyor. Good idea or not?

That's it for now, look forward to hearing from you folks.

Thanks,
Paul Stack (aka Stacko)

Hello everybody. Another newbie here. Have been wanting to see what fun I have been missing on the water with PWC.

Currently "hunting" for a used 95-97 Seadoo Challenger or Sportster. Want to stick to a single engine for
simplicity, ease of use and of course budget.

Any tips, advise on buying my first would be appreciated greatly. I thought buying in the offseason (Winter up here...if you call this year winter) would be better on my budget. But what I have been reading is that an on the water test is
invaluable.

I have seen a few boats that selling for less due to mechanical issues, such as seized motor and such.

Should I seriously look at these? I was thinking of getting the engine rebuilt anyway, but not sure.

I wonder if I should get the boat professional inspected by a SAMS surveyor. Good idea or not?

That's it for now, look forward to hearing from you folks.

Thanks,
Paul Stack (aka Stacko)

Depending on what your budget is, I personally would try to get a boat with a 4TEC engine over a 2 stroke....!! They are allot easier on your fuel cost over a 2 stroke, and unless you have experience with 2 strokers they can cause headaches when not running properly. Just my opinion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back