Hello fellow seadoo'ers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

traskb1

I have been reading the information in this forum for some time now and really appreciate that people will take the time to try and help resolve problems others have. I have been dogged with an issue on one of my 1997 GTX's for many years and the dealer has now refused to work on a 2-stroke pwc. I have what seems to be a fairly common issue in that the boat runs great on the trailer but will not accelerate in the water, bogging down at about 2000 RPM. From reading what many of you great people post here I have cleaned the fuel tank and replaced the filters without any affect, rebuilt the carbs with OEM kits without any affect, and then I replaced all of the old grey fuel lines. Bam! it ran like it was brand new, I could not believe it, after all the years and shop repairs!!!! My excitement was short lived however because after about ten minutes of running around the lake with a huge grin it started to hesitate and soon once again it was back to the same old problem, it idles in the water just fine and goes about 2000 rpm, bogs down and will not accelerate. I might add that I changed the spark plugs at the same time I replaced the fuel lines but I have changed the plugs before without affect. Any ideas or help on what to do next would would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time, I am happy to be part of a great group!

I hate to tell you this, you should have replaced the fuel lines first. You will need to go back through the carbs. again. You might get lucky try cleaning the carb. filters first. Also check your compression.

Lou

Replace the fuel selector as well. Yes, you can clean it, but many fail plugged as well as suck air due to age and gunk from the Grey Tempo lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a go. I am still a little confused as to why it ran so well with the new fuel lines and then went back to the old bogging problem......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back