Hello - and help... '95 xp issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlaeng

Hey there gang, great site and good advertisements, I have used them to find several parts and accessories. I have a '95 XP and a '97 GTI that I purchased two years ago. Both have had stator issues. I live in the central California foothills and it takes about 4 hours (round trip) for me to deliver my sea doos to the nearest mechanic willing to work on them. Then, another 4 hours a month later (if I'm Lucky) when the business is done with my ski. The last time I picked them up, I made it home and discovered they had pinched the wires from the stator when they installed it (on the '95 XP). Too far to return and raise a stink so I ate the $700.00 for parts and labor. I have a nephew who works on his own bombardier snowmobiles and he has convinced me to man-up and work on them myself. I'm only spewing out this info. because it's a meet and greet forum and I figured you guys need to know where I'm coming from.

Now... my issue... I have replaced the stator (I didn't pinch the wires) and I replaced the fuel lines (but not the oil injector lines). I pulled the gas tank and made sure it's clean. The machine runs awesome for about 15-30 minutes then dies in the water. It has plenty of battery, the last time I ran it I used the starter and battery to push me back to the dock... about 500 yards. I was careful to not burn out the starter or melt the battery, I only mention this to re-inforce how much battery was left, I don't think it's a charging/battery issue. I get it home, recharge the battery, a small shot of ether and it fires and runs. My nephew thinks the timing is off (my work on the stator) and that it's overheating. He believes something in the computer is not allowing it to restart when hot.
My thoughts are rebuild the Carbs and/or replace the electronic module (expensive)...
any advice?

Thanks all... Rob

Hey Rob, welcome aboard. I'm new here myself but have found that I can find out how to do anything with my Skis on this forum, just by reading and searching, and then asking questions if I did not find the answer! This meet and greet section is really not the section where you will get the most answers.

Go back to the HOME page and then scroll down to the appropriate section of the Forum (in your case-2-Stroke PWC section) to post your questions. That is also the best place to start looking for other threads posted by people with similar problems/questions.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back