Hello all

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markospets

Hi my name is markos from cyprus Hopefully getting my first seadoo jetski next week its a X lifeguard seadoo bombaider wake 2007 model that has a problem with the electrics looking forward to getting it up and running

Hi Davie . im not sure , i am going tomorrow to check it out with my mechanic so hopefully he gives me good news and the go ahead to buy it . i dont know if it is super charged .

07 was the last year seadoos had bad exhaust valves in the supercharged models. If the part number of the valve had 72, it was bad, 75 was good. You can't know that until you pull the valve cover, which is more than a typical inspection entails. Also, the superchargers were originally built with ceramic clutch washers, which tended to crack and fall into the motor, damaging internal components and disabling the supercharger. These superchargers need to be rebuilt every 100hr, and if it's been rebuilt within the past 5 years or so, it has the updated, metal clutch washers. Non-supercharged skis still had bad valves, but the failure rate on them is extremely low. Those are good, reliable skis. It's not guaranteed that the valves will fail if it's supercharged, but it has happened to quite a number of people.

Went to see the ski with a marine mechanic the other day & we opend up the seat and all the wires were loose and disconnected allso had some electronic parts cut off coudnt see where they came from anyhow mechanic told me best not touch it for the price of € 1200 . Im buying it of a municipality because it was a lifeguards jetski and belongs to the goverment they say that mechanicly its all been refurbed im gonna put a low offer in for € 500 an see how it goes , thanks for all the information

There may be missing parts, and you may end up spending a pretty penny paying your mechanic to learn how to fix this thing. Unless he's worked on these and is familiar with the Rotax 4tec platform, he'll have to undergo a learning curve at your expense.

Deal never fell through . Thanks for all the info great forum if i ever do manage to get a ski this will be my No :1 place for great information thank you idoseadoo !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back