Hawkeye depth sounder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottozy

Finerly got my hawkeye depth sounder installed and it's working properly. I used sikaflex 291i and attached it to the hull inside of my seadoo rxp 215 2008 ski.
As this ski does not have a factory flat spot for a transducer I placed the transducer in the back left side looking from front of Jetski. After numerous attempts I have now got it working. Worked well in the surf and rough conditions yesterday to speed of about 60 kmph. Will let you know how it performs at 113kmph next time I go out.
I also installed an old Lawrence fish finder / sounder I had. It's transducer was also placed at back of hull but on the right side. I was surprised to see that it also seems to work fine now and tests show both units are showing same readings at various speeds.
I actually used a Selley's epoxy that comes in 2 part Syringe. slow setting is the key to prevent bubbles. Also make sure sonar unit is installed so it's level with sea bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back