Having issues putting this back together

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rbendix

We had an accident a few months back and still trying to get our spark back to 100(ish)%. We patched hull, pumped water, 6+ oil flushes, spark plugs etc. now putting it back together I can’t get to the two bolts in rear behind seat (attaches top to bottom) to go in. Also having issues with drive line. It’s all connected but does hard rights and soft lefts. What am I missing? Please help!!!

Been there...done that.....2017 Spark 2 went nose up last year. I have her all back together (new hull) BUT she is leaking from somewhere under the hull, was squatting low in the water overnight this past weekend....pulled her out in the morning, she's on dry land for the moment but runs great.....I obviously missed something with sealant or enough sealant...will be taking the top side OFF again.

I can't get my steering adjusted properly either....same thing hard rights and soft lefts...I tried to find a reasonable compromise between lefts, rights and centers but I'm not there yet either...I'll fiddle withe steering once the top deck is off.

What 2 bolts can't you get in behind the seat? Picture would help.

Ours is taking on a little water too.first is we are getting All bolts on and 2nd replacing nose cone? Will post pics after work

What type of sealant did you use (just curious)? We got our hull patched but didn’t use any sealant. Here’s a pic of the screw hole locations. Did you have issues getting these ones in? What tool did you use?

Attachments

• 486CAA15-EC82-41B4-A0A5-F52CB7B2B2F2.jpeg
    486CAA15-EC82-41B4-A0A5-F52CB7B2B2F2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Hard to say for sure but did you get that Y shaped support located properly inside the ski? It kinda looks like your screws need to mate into the top of the Y piece inside the hull.
I used an anaroebic sealent I had lying around from a previous engine rebuild- Yamaha something. I also lots of black RTV sealant too.

OK, I have a better view of your picture on my laptop....the screw holes you are referencing mate with the Y support inside the ski.....the top deck holes line up with the top of the Y, the Y support leg should be held in place by the rear deck cover and a nub in the hull so it doesn't flop around...I assume you also put the rear strofoam float piece back up under the rear deck? as the Y support kinda rests against it as well....once I put the top deck on, i used an awl to get the pieces lined up and installed the screws.

Just for the sake of completeness, 2 things:

1) The 2 screw holes indicated are lined up with 2 screw holes in the Y shaped support bracket inside the ski. The screws go into plastic nuts that fit into the Y piece...THOSE NUTS CAN FALL OUT, I siliconed mine into place so they wouldn't fall out anymore (PITA)
2) The steering problem was solved by restraining the steering cable properly. The steering cable has indents in both ends (front steering yoke and rear through the hull). The one in back through the hull was the tricky one...you need to re-install the original 2 (or 3) rubber washers to fill the space through the hull before you put the split 2 piece plastic retainer bracket (which has the plastic nubs that hold the steering cable) back around the steering cable and bolt it back in to the back of the hull.....took me a while to figure that out....my guess is you (like I) have / had your steering cable pushed too far into the hull. Once I pulled the cable out and realized how it works and what I did wrong upon the initial re-assembly......the steering was fixed. Hard rights, hard lefts and dead straight were all EASY to set after that.

Last edited:
Back