Haven't posted anything in a while...here is what I have been up to!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
I haven't posted anything but jokes for a long time. And pictures of Bald Eagles.

I had such good luck with Hydroturf on my old Seadoo boat that I ripped out the carpet in my Glastron and use Hydroturf in it instead.

After I took this picture, the wife went out to inspect the finished product and recommended that I fill in those blanks spots under the captains chairs, so I installed a couple of C-shaped pieces just to fill in those blank areas.

Attachments

• finishedturf.jpg
    finishedturf.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of the old jet boat, just to keep the thread Seadoo-related! :cheers:

And "BEFORE" picture of my new boat with the nasty old carpet in it.

170.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks awesome. Did you just snap the carpet out and use it as a template? They really should look into making the turf for other brands of boats. I bet they would sell a ton.

Where there was carpet, I did exactly that. The rear piece of carpet was about 6" wider than the Hydroturf sheets, so i had to use two separate sheets and make a blank "drainage channel" in the rear piece.

The front floor chunk, in front of the windshield, never had carpet so I cut that one out myself.

Then I did the swim platform by hand, and a couple pieces on the rear rail where people tend to step on while entering and exiting the boat. I also took some scraps and put on the fenders and tongue of trailer, for gription when stepping on the trailer.

I still have lots left over, so i will put some under the anchor in the stow compartment, and line the ski locker to keep rattling noises to a minimum.'

I ended up buying 4 sheets, but with better planning, I could have gotten away with using only 3. I have about a sheet and a half left over, in various sizes and shapes.

I think I may even put 3 pieces on the back above the swim platform, where the back hatch hinges are.

The butterflies are my wife's idea. :D

Attachments

• hturfafter.jpg
    hturfafter.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 317
I love hydro turf. It's just so dam expensive. I think it was the most expensive purchase for my Sportster.

Yes, a bit expensive, but like painting a car...I believe it is the one item that makes the most visual improvement in your boat, and is worth the cost.

Not to mention it just looks better, is easier to care for, and doesn't stink like carpet!

Carpet is expensive TOO!

I just looked up some carpet online. For just a roll, starts at $200 for anything of decent quality!!!

Haven't priced precut, button in replacement carpet. Probably a bit more...

So maybe sinking $300 into hydroturf for my boat wasn't that bad a price?

Back