Have the Hin, but can't tell the model..GTI/GTS?? Don't know

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can one tell please? Its critical as the mechanic here in Trinidad and Tobago is saying we need a new harness and when I look up what I believe the seadoo is (a GTI) It says we have the right harness and ECU...so before I rip him a new one for lying, I need to know FOR SURE, what my Seadoo model is...so, back to my title: How can I tell what Model I have?

Oh.... you can't. The HIN doesn't give the model directly. If you give it to a dealer, they can look it up.

BUT.... in 1997....

The GTS was the "Old Syle" hull (Square nose) and it was Purple and white

The GTi was the "New" round nose, and it was yellow and white.

Great, that confirms three things: 1) I have a GTI 2) the Harness and ECU I have based on seadoo parts website are the ones that are suppose to go with the unit and 3) the mechanic does not know what he is talking about. He said the Harness had 5 too many wires on it. Apparently not. When I look at the end of the harness that would plug into the ECU, it is missing those tiny little metallic cylinders on 5 slots...could this be the real issue? He lost those connectors? He says that we need to get a new harness cause its not grounded properly and the engine is not giving a spark as a result.

yes, just realized that as I looked closer. The five missing slots have no wires going to them. The harness actually looks like its in good shape. I'm going to tell him to uninstall the current ECU and Harness and install the ones we have that are new and we'll see if the engine turns. What else could be the reason for no sparks? New sparks plug? could it be that simple? Also, any tricky issues in replacing a steering connecting rod and cable?

It could be bad plugs, or a bad ignition coil... burnt wires... or a bad coil down in the MAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back