Has anyone used this before.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dramsey66208

Im looking around for new fuel lines for my 1994 Seadoo SPX 657. Locally the only thing i can find is the black rubber hoses for 1.29 at Orilies. But i did find this on line and was wondering if anyone has used it before. its sold by Parts Reloaded. I can get 50 ft of it for the a bit less in price as i can for 25 feet of the black rubber hose.

http://www.partsreloaded.com/Snowmo...ine-1-4-ID-x-50-Ft-Bulk?cPath=312_461_708_709

Let me know if you have used this or if its a good deal.

Thanks

I would stay away from any "clear" lines...other than Tygon which is expensive.

It just cannot handle ethanol gas....it gets super stiff.

Believe me...I have it on my machine. I will never use it again and all customer boats get Napa black rubber. Unfortunately rubber has gone up like 150% in the last few years...im surprised tires havent gone insanely high too.

I would stay away from any "clear" lines...other than Tygon which is expensive.

It just cannot handle ethanol gas....it gets super stiff.

Not to mention, it's not USCG approved. If you use it, you could get a fine. If nothing else... if you are checked, the ranger (or whoever) will probably tell you to put it on the trailer, and have it fixed.

Black rubber, automotive hose is your best bet. It's not USCG approved either... but I've NEVER been told it's not OK to use, and I get safety inspections every year. (it's free, and the rangers will give you the benefit of the doubt if you are caught screwing around where your aren't supposed to be, if they see the USCG sticker)

Not to mention, it's not USCG approved. If you use it, you could get a fine. If nothing else... if you are checked, the ranger (or whoever) will probably tell you to put it on the trailer, and have it fixed.

Black rubber, automotive hose is your best bet. It's not USCG approved either... but I've NEVER been told it's not OK to use, and I get safety inspections every year. (it's free, and the rangers will give you the benefit of the doubt if you are caught screwing around where your aren't supposed to be, if they see the USCG sticker)

Tony, do you take your boat/ski somewhere for the inspection or just ride up to the boat cops on the water and ask them to inspect?

Tony, do you take your boat/ski somewhere for the inspection or just ride up to the boat cops on the water and ask them to inspect?

Nope. At the beginning of the season, the USCG auxiliary will normally have volunteers at the major boating areas. It's not mandatory to have done. But, if you pass, they give you a USGC safety sticker (that has the year) that you can put on the boat or ski. If you have that on your ski, when a ranger pulls you over to talk, they generally don't even ask for your paperwork, or to open your hood, because they know you probably have it. (i learned this lesson in my younger days)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back