Has Anyone ever crossed Lake "O" on a Doo?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TechiMan

Hey Has anyone else here in Ontario considered a Trip across the Lake? My Cousin and I have been talking about it for a couple of years now and were wondering if anyone had done and have have any tips. we are worried about Fuel and proper customs procures etc.

We would be leaving from the Port Hope Area.

Never done lake ontario....but it is doable for sure. As for customs...I cross the st. laurence (ontario to new york) all the time....I fill up at and eat on the american side as much as possible....much cheaper gas. Only once have I seen a coast gaurd boat....they just waved and kept on going....i followed them and jumped their wake for a little while too!

I am guessing its about 60kms accross so it is doable fuel wise. I am sure there are plenty of marinas on the other side that you could fill up at as well....just take a look and plan it out first. It is also a busy water way so if you ran into trouble I am sure there would be plenty of people to help out.

I thought about going from Toronto to St. Catherines on the doo this year but never got around to it. Definately going to do it next year!

Matt

Back