Gtx went into limp mode????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattTheWaffle

Hi! I bought a 2004 seadoo gtx sc 4 days ago, took it out twice over the weekend and it ran AMAZING. I have been putting 93 fuel in it. I took it out today, started it up moved about 10 feet, display flashed red and beeped loud, I think I saw oil flash on the screen but I immediately shut off the ski so I didn’t get a good look. I then started it back up and it would run up to about 4500rpm bogging and wouldn’t go any higher than 5000rpm on the dot. I then loaded it up and brought it home. I checked oil level and it seemed good maybe even a tad high. The only warning light or anything is “MAINT” right when I plug in the key. I am pretty sure it went into limp mode but I have no idea what to do from here. I could use some help. Thank you

Check the service manual for your particular ski for the maintenance light, but the 4tec is very sensitive to oil quantities. Pull your intake hose off the SC and see if you can spin the impeller. If it’s solid it’s probably good then fix oil quantity change plugs and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back