GTX Ltd is dead!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

IANW74

Hi all, I've just joined your great forum!
I have a 1998 GTX Ltd Ski. The Mpem has been replaced, but when a connect the lanyard key it beeps twice as normal then 10 seconds later it does a long beep and 20 more seconds later it switchs off!
During this i press the start button and nothing happens!
I've checked all the fuses... All fine!
I've buzzed the solenoid and the starter turns over!
I've buzzed the solenoid at the mpem plug end and the starter turns over!
Theres a new battery fitted, The start button is working!
Is there anything else i can try, Can the MPEM be checked to see if its working OK.
The fault looks like the MPEM isn't sending the signal to fire up, But its a new one fitted!
While I've been looking at it, the beeps stopped working, Disconnected power etc and the beeps started working again.... There not working again but i think it is something to do with uplugging and plugging in the MPEM in a specific order!!
Hoping someone can help me as I'm getting very frustrated!!
Also, I have tried doing the self diagnostic by pressing the start button 5x times etc...... Nothing happens!!

it sounds to me like either your your dess key or post is going out. you can try to clean it, but when they start going they are ticking time bombs. it could just go out on you in the water a long way from help. if you get two beeps when you first put the dess on then your mpem is fine, but be careful if you short that thing out its a $500 oops. i'm know no where near as good as some of the other guys here but this is just my 2 cents

Hi all, I've just joined your great forum!
I have a 1998 GTX Ltd Ski. The Mpem has been replaced, but when a connect the lanyard key it beeps twice as normal then 10 seconds later it does a long beep and 20 more seconds later it switchs off!

From this quote, it says your start/stop switch isn't reaching the MPEM. But, as Minnetonka4me has stated, grounded wires or wires that might be loose, can cause weird things. You might try and check the continuity from the start/stop switch to see that you have no grounds.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back