Gtx-di 951 Idling but not accelerating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Olivoliv

Hello everyone,

New owner of a GTX-DI 130 from 1999, for a few days I have been trying to find the solution, the engine starts perfectly and idles perfectly but as soon as I accelerate, it does not rev, I did a vidéo here

I Accurate I changed the fuel pump, rave valves, inspected the compressor

I also add I have the maintenance message with the red light and one long beep and also the gaz message

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Did you remove the key and replace it? I had a ski what would run well then wouldn't accelerate. Ended up being the rectifier. Cheap enough just to replace. Also check the air pressure.

Mine has this thing when the battery goes bad or just have bad connection on the terminals, it would start but dies when trying to rev up. I have to then really really slowly apply throttle to eventually get it to rev.

No I did not replace the key, and as you can see I have a small battery booster and even if I accelerate slowly the phenomenon is the same, in fact if I keep accelerating fully as you can see on the video it does not stall, we hear this big air intake noise but it does not stop.

I did not take the measurement coming out of the air compressor but I could see that the pressure was high

Did you remove the key and replace it? I had a ski what would run well then wouldn't accelerate. Ended up being the rectifier. Cheap enough just to replace. Also check the air pressure.
What are you calling, rectifier? The regulator may be?

Last edited:
Any way you can remove the airbox so you can get a look at thebuttefly valves the throttle is suppose to be opening?......else maybe the sensors on the carbs that should be sending signal to the ecu?43eebd8a28f3c23c453688a0a8aab108.jpg

De toute façon, vous pouvez retirer la boîte à air pour pouvoir jeter un coup d'œil aux vannes papillon que l'accélérateur est censé ouvrir ? ...... sinon peut-être les capteurs sur les carburateurs qui devraient envoyer un signal à l'ecu ?View attachment 61878
Yes i have think about it too but I have already test other TPS and the problem is same and I haven't the BUDS for reset it

J'ai cherché partout, même sur YouTube il n'y a pas de pannes comme la mienne, j'espérais que quelqu'un ai déjà rencontré le même problème

Last edited:
There is also this "gaz" message which I cannot find in the manual to which the fault may correspond, I suspect that it is on the injection part, I wonder if the air or fuel regulator cannot not be in question.

No I did not replace the key, and as you can see I have a small battery booster and even if I accelerate slowly the phenomenon is the same, in fact if I keep accelerating fully as you can see on the video it does not stall, we hear this big air intake noise but it does not stop.

I did not take the measurement coming out of the air compressor but I could see that the pressure was high
Remove and replace the key. Just unplug the key and reinsert it. Sometimes that corrects the problem. When one of my skis, 2003 RXDI wouldn't accelerate, I removed the DESS Key and reinstalled it the ski returned to normal right away.

What are you calling, rectifier? The regulator may be?
Seadoo refers to that part as the "rectifier" but it also regulates the voltage. They cause enough trouble and are inexpensive enough so that for many it is the first part replaced. LOL Good Luck !

Remove and replace the key. Just unplug the key and reinsert it. Sometimes that corrects the problem. When one of my skis, 2003 RXDI wouldn't accelerate, I removed the DESS Key and reinstalled it the ski returned to normal right away.
So I did a lot of testing, and therefore I removed the key many times, what do you mean by removing and replacing the key. Engine running?

So I did a lot of testing, and therefore I removed the key many times, what do you mean by removing and replacing the key. Engine running?
Sometimes you get a bad contact or the computer doesn't quite start up correctly even though you get 2 beeps. . Lots of times we have to install the key a couple of times to get the beeps and make the computer happy. I had a XP that wouldn't spark sometimes but would turnover just fine. All I did was remove the key, reinsert the key and the ski would start up. Seadoos are a pain in the butt with those keys. The handle bar pad makes if difficult sometimes to get the key inserted properly. So all I mean is to just remove and reinsert the key, make sure you get two beeps and see of the corrects anything. Good Luck !

There is also this "gaz" message which I cannot find in the manual to which the fault may correspond, I suspect that it is on the injection part, I wonder if the air or fuel regulator cannot not be in question.
I have a 951 that I got was doing almost the same put my candoo on it tested all sensors then I tested fuel and air injectors found a air injector not working replaced runs great now just saying not sure it that’s your problem

I have a 951 that I got was doing almost the same put my candoo on it tested all sensors then I tested fuel and air injectors found a air injector not working replaced runs great now just saying not sure it that’s your problem
Ok thanks, I will also test a complete air/fuel injection rail, you say it did almost the same thing, what was the difference?

It's not the same symptom, mine starts perfectly, idles perfectly at 1500 RPM, but when I accelerate either gently or hard you just hear the air coming in the engine the intake flaps open well but it does not rev, it loses 50 RPM when I open fully, as if it suffocates but it does not stall

Did you verify your air pressure via a gauge? They DI will idle with no air pressure (failed compressor, bad o-ring, disconnected Rave valve line)

Back