gtx acceleration probs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blubomber

hello,
just bought from a friend. we had all used it 3 days ago. decided to get it from him on Sat. get it home and go across the lake. no probs. went to turn around/slowing down, heard a high pitched whine/squeel at the rear. continued to go slow as i was in a cove. then it would not go above a couple of mph. it would rev up, but no speed. (i didn't see how high i could get it, though) there is nothing in the grate. it is as if the impellar is spinning but when it needs to spin higher/faster it slips... what could be wrong... how much to fix?

thanks.

Could be a few things. Is it out of the water now? I think you may have sucked up something into your jet pump, such as weeds. Look inside with a flashlight and get out anything that could be in there.

You could have damaged the splines on the drive shaft.
Or bent the shaft like I did today.:(
Or you could have burnt the bearing out on the propshaft. Run it dry of grease.

Yea, my buddy thought it was something sucked up in the pump. But there wasn't anything there. It is out of the water. so what's a ballpark figure for worst case scenario to get it fixed... (of what it might be).

how much to fix the splines? or to replace the bearing?

Also of note- around the cone thingy (yes, that's the technical term) there is like plastic shavings? they are connected to the cose, its like the plastic is mushed, causing it to squeeze out. don't know if that matters. thanks

Theres 3 shafts on these. The shaft on the impelar is the shortest of the 3 and this is where the cone is.
But installing shafts and bearings is best left to a jet ski mechanic.
Unfortunatly it sounds like a bearing or shaft has broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back