GTS Boging Down

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lbccurrey

I have a 1996 GTS that has always ran very well. Today it started boging down. It idles good and when I accelerate it takes off fine but then immediately bogs down and sometimes dies like the fuel was cut off. It will start right up and run fine but will bog down immediately after I accelerate.

I hope it may be the inline fuel filter, I also read in these forums that there is a filter screen on each carb. Can I just get by with replacing the inline filter so I don't have to take it to the repair shop to tear into the carbs?

I also want to mention another problem that I have had for six years with the same PWC. This is really wild. If I ever filled up my fuel tank past 3/4, it would do the same as mentioned above. As soon as I burned off enough gas to get it below 3/4 tank it would run fine.

At first I thought I was experiencing the same problem, but the fuel is below 1/2 tank and it is still doing it.

Any thought on the current problem and/or old problem.

While replacing grey fuel line, check the check valve and pressure releif valves on your vent lines. Insects love to clog these up causing fuel delivery problems.

I just bought two 96 GTX's and today was the first time I took them out on the water. One of the ski's would start just fine but as soon as it would start to raise the rpms it would bog and sputter and if you were lucky you could get it up to about 3500 rpms. So I took off the rave caps to check the function of the rave valves while it was running and noticed that when I pushed down on mag rave the engine idle would improve a bit. When I pushed the pto side rave down there was absolutley no change in the engine idle. So I took off the pto spark plug wire and clipped it back a 1/4 inch, Put some new plugs in and put the plug cap back on and hooked it back up to the spark plug. As soon as I started it I instantly knew it was running better. I put on my life jacket and hopped on and it instantly took off. I could get up to 45mph (indicated) in the blink of an eye. I still had throttle left to give but the speed limit was 40mph on the lake and being that I didn't have a true reading of the speed I back off a bit and left it at that. Give that a try and see if it helps.

Wow these things are fun, Best $3000 I've spent!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back