Gtr215 vibration when accelerating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

josh93101

Hi all,

I have just bought a brand new seadoo gtr215 and took it out for the first time this weekend.

It ran fantastic all day until my last run. I was in neutral and went to take off when it started to vibrate and was quite loud. It didn't seem to have performance affected but in saying that I wasn't really giving it.

I took it home and washed it down and washed the intake out when a bit of plastic bottle cap fell out. It wasn't very big. I then had a quick look at the wear ring and seems to be scratched a little bit but the clearance seems to be fine.

Has anyone had this problem before and could the plastic has been the issue?

If anyone could help on this one it would be much appreciated.

Can almost promise it was the plastic causing your issue.

Cavitation can be caused by a twig. I bet if you go back out you will have no issues.

A scratch on the wear ring is no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a GTR 215 and get the same problem when something gets stuck around the impeller and wear ring. It will vibrate like no other machine when that happens, too. Best thing to do is to immediately shut off the machine. Stand up and rock it from side to side for about 10 seconds and start it up. It'll be fine 90% of the time after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back