GTI130 purchase without a mechanical inspection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGTI

I’m looking at purchasing a 2014 GTI130 with 120 hours. She looks to be in great condition but because of the skis location a can’t get it professionally inspected. Would I be taking much of a risk buying it without a professional inspection? Thanks.

Would I be taking much of a risk buying it without a professional inspection?

You bet your azz you would be taking a risk.

You could be buying a paper weight or you could get lucky.

Unless it's stupidly cheap, do not buy without at least some level of inspection / testing.

At an absolute minimum, it needs to be started on the trailer to ensure 1) it starts/revs normally 2) LCD lights up and is functional. You can also perform a compression test to get an idea of the condition of the engine. But, no ski can be completely tested while on a trailer.

Ideally, it must be water tested. This is the only way to get a full understanding of condition of the ski.

I’m looking at purchasing a 2014 GTI130 with 120 hours. She looks to be in great condition but because of the skis location a can’t get it professionally inspected. Would I be taking much of a risk buying it without a professional inspection? Thanks.
I dont buy any boat or ski without it being brought to a boat ramp and atleast being started and running on the trailer in the water. Every boat can sound like it's running good on land its when it's in the water where you'll know. Any seller that isn't willing to meet a serious buyrr at a boat ramp for a test is trying to pull a fast one.

Our auto repair shop used to run into this on a regular basis (with cars). The buyer SHOULD beware... because the buyer WILL definitely have to pay in the end. Who would ever buy without an inspection and/or a water test (not for the cars)? Even our regular automotive customers, who really knew better, would do it based on some ridiculous criteria such as "it was cheap" or "it sounded o.k." or even "I knew the guy". OMG!

Almost ANY used boat or ski can literally end up being a total POS... even one for FREE! Don't waste your hard-earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back