GTI SE 90 HO ACE Slow as Hell!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbell7319

just bought 2.5 months ago. (16 hours).
It's the same engine as the spark 3up.
However, the body is a little wider.
On a good day, I can get up to 42mph...
I'm so disappointed in this purchase because I get smoked by every machine on the water!!!
Do you know of any options for Me?
Please help!!

Can you supply me the part number for this. And also has it been tested on the same model. I reached out to Reba and they said while they have a chip for the spark they never tested it in the GTI

Can't confirm but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me talk to VTECH about it and see if they have done it yet.

I rode one first time last weekend. Like riding a scooter. Fun snappy and nimble . 50mph range . Had a blast. Its no 70mph machine but its not $15k . Enjoy it and swap out plugs. It is what it is

I rode one first time last weekend. Like riding a scooter. Fun snappy and nimble . 50mph range . Had a blast. Its no 70mph machine but its not $15k . Enjoy it and swap out plugs. It is what it is
I dream of hitting 50mph.. Lol
42 is the fastest it's ever gone!!

Sounds like its dwn a cylinder? Customers boats I tested the 60 hp was a turd. The other 90 hp 3 seater ripped hard enough to make me smile. I own stupid stuff fast boats.
28.jpg

Yeah I can't believe the top speed on this thing is so slow. On a flat lake i'm getting 42-43mph max max max

Down river 44-45 and up river 40-41.

I'm quite happy with the acceleration, but very disappointed with the top speed. Unless I can mod it to pick up some top speed (~50mph on a flat lake) I think i'm going to sell it and pick up a GTR230 (or is it GTX...? ANYWAY,)

Yeah, I've tried to complain to seadoo but they aren't willing to help out at all... I'm going to try and sell mine for a Yamaha if they don't try to help!!

I get 50mph on the spark. How much does the GTI weigh? seems to me it probably weighs quite a bit more and/or has a larger pad in the water when on plane. The 90 ACE is a blast on the spark and top speed is just fine at 50 I wouldn't really want to go any faster on that light weight little thing. Doesn't seem like a great motor for a heavy bigger ski though.

They didn't try to hide that the top speed was around 42. I see what they did tried to get the price lower but I'm not sure if it was a good move. Some people will be happy with it and it is a lot better on gas than the 130. It is a trade off. It weighs about 250lbs more than a spark and my guess is it rides lower in the water so there's more friction slowing you down along with the weight

just bought 2.5 months ago. (16 hours).
It's the same engine as the spark 3up.
However, the body is a little wider.
On a good day, I can get up to 42mph...
I'm so disappointed in this purchase because I get smoked by every machine on the water!!!
Do you know of any options for Me?
Please help!!
More weight, larger ski, pretty much everything you don't want. Sounds as fast as a 60 spark. Sorry dude

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on this? I own a GTI SE and it maxes out at 41. Maybe 42 if I've got the wind behind me. I'd like to see it do 50+ mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back