GTI or GTI SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

slsleesmith

Is there that much of a difference in top end and accelerating with the rotax 900 and 1503 engines? The standard GTI only comes in the 900 while the SE you have 3 engine options. I can't test drive them right now and I'm use to ridding old heavy Waverunner's with 1200's.

I love the power of my gti 155 SE. Leaps out of the water and gets to 55 before you have time to look at the speedometer (liemeter)

Here is what I have found in regards to the major difference.

The major upgrade for the SE model is the addition of an ergonomic touring seat that makes long days on the water more comfortable and gives you the ability to have a rear-facing rider when towing.

The Sea Doo GTI SE 130 also comes with the addition of a side grip bar and reboarding step to make it easier to climb onto the PWC from in the water. If you enjoy towsports, swimming from your PWC or like riding on the edge, the reboarding step will make getting out of the water smoother.

The 155 engine adds the following.
The GTI SE 155 comes upgraded with a VTS (Variable Trim System) so you can raise or lower the bow of the PWC while in motion. This lets you increase or decrease the amount of bounce the PWC has over waves, as well as increase handling while turning.

The GTI SE 155 alsohas a High-Tech Hub that lets you switch between Touring, Sport and Eco driving modes, as well as monitoring fuel consumption, alerting you not only to how much remains in the vehicle, but also your average fuel consumption.

And going up to the limited adds the following.
The Sea Doo GTI Limited 155 is the top of the line model for the GTI series. It comes with a high-performance electric VTS that you can pre-program to adjust the trim of the PWC to maximize acceleration and increase stability at high speeds.

The GTI Limited 155's HUB has been upgraded with Cruise Control, as well as a fuel gauge that displays time/distance to empty.

The Sea Doo GTI Limited 155 also comes with extra accessories for the personal watercraft, such as a removable dry storage bag, safety kit and a watercraft cover.

In my opinion, unless you specifically want/desire the upgrades that come with the LIMITED version, I would not spend the money on the GTI ski. The GTI is a great ski but is considered an entry level ski. If you are going to spend the money on the LIMITED ski, you might as well step up to the next level as all the LIMITED stuff will pretty much be basic on the next higher ski, such as the GTX.

At a minimum, I would get the GTI SE 130 as it includes a Touring Seat, which is SUPER comfortable and makes it easier to ride the ski, and the reboarding ladder.
And if I could justify it, I would step up to the 155 for two main reasons, it has VTS which is a FANTASTIC option. And the 155 comes with a different cam and MPEM which will give you a decent increase of performance over the 130 but still be very good on fuel, especially as it comes with Touring, Sport and Eco mode...

Thanks for the input. Most of what is above applies to me. I like to go fast and I do wind up in the water from time to time. A boarding ladder would make things easy. I like going 0-55 quickly, but I also enjoy Taking the long trips. This will be my ski but I'm not greedy, we enjoy company and as long as the rider has taken the boaters safety course I let them cruise around but remain in sight if they are less experienced riders. Leading me to why I am not going with the GTX. I could handle it but would rather stick to the entry level ski for basic riders. I do see myself getting a GTX in the next year or so, which only myself and my brother will ride. That was what I was looking at originally but figured it may be too much for a basic rider. Sea-Doo has a nice deal going at my dealership 500$ off 2016 models, and 3 yr warranty on all models. So I will be going today to look at what they have in the 2016 models and marking a purchase this Saturday. Another nice perk is they will hold it for me until Spring so I don't have to worry about it until then which is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back